Clemson University: University Libraries
Location: Cooper Library
Clemson University Libraries seek a motivated and innovative librarian to lead the Libraries assessment initiatives. The Assessment Librarian will coordinate library wide assessment activities, provide analysis, and document data collected. They will coordinate projects and support other librarians engaged in assessment work. This is a 12-month tenure track Faculty position and works under the direction of the Head of Information & Research Services.
- Plans, designs, and implements library-wide assessment activities, enabling strategies for ongoing review, evaluation, and improvement of services.
- Coordinates the gathering, archiving, and analysis of statistics on library usage and services; serves as a central point for data collection and reporting for university and external surveys.
- Designs assessment instruments such as surveys, focus groups, interviews, rubrics, balance scorecards, and internal data collection forms. Manages multiple approaches to assessment, such as action research, observation, user-centered design, and usability studies.
- Collaborates with librarians to design research projects and select appropriate tools or assessment methods for data collection and analysis. Serves as a resource for library colleagues engaged in assessment activities.
- Utilizes data visualization tools and techniques with both qualitative and quantitative data to communicate assessment results for internal and external stakeholders.
- Works collaboratively within the library and with other university departments responsible for institutional research and assessment.
- Keeps informed on new assessment tools, issues, and best practices. Engages in professional development such as attending conferences, workshops, and webinars related to job functions.
Research Services, Instruction & Outreach:
- Provides and coordinates training for colleagues throughout the library in order to expand expertise, knowledge, and skills in assessment.
Research, Scholarship, and Creative Activities:
- Develops a focused program of high quality research and creative accomplishments, consistent with professional responsibilities and the Libraries' mission and goals.
- Actively participates and demonstrates leadership in professional responsibilities that serve the Libraries, University, profession, and community.
- An ALA-accredited graduate degree in librarianship or other relevant graduate degree as deemed appropriate by the Libraries
- Knowledge of current theories, trends, standards, and practices of assessment in academic libraries
- Experience with assessment instruments such as surveys, focus groups, interviews, and rubrics
- Effective interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- 2 years of experience conducting assessment in an academic library or an institute of higher learning
- Familiarity with current national initiatives in library assessment and relevant library standards
- Demonstrated knowledge of processes and software tools for collecting, analyzing, reporting and visualizing data
- Demonstrated understanding of the value of diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Applicants should electronically submit all applications and related materials via Interfolio: Required materials include a cover letter, professional curriculum vitae, and three (3) reference contacts. Review of materials will begin immediately. Applications received by March 15, 2019 will be guaranteed consideration.
Clemson University is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against any person or group on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, pregnancy, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information. Clemson University is building a culturally diverse faculty and staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and encourages applications from minorities and women.