Professional Research Assistant
DescriptionUNIVERSITY OF COLORADO DENVERPulmonary Vascular Disease CenterCenter for Lungs and BreathingProfessional Research Assistant Job DescriptionPosition #00730396
The University of ColoradoDenver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitmentto creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value theability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diversebackgrounds.
Nature of Work: This is a 100% FTE position for a ProfessionalResearch Assistant in the Pulmonary Vascular Disease Center Program (PVDC) as acomponent of the Center for Lungs and Breathing (CLB) at University of ColoradoHospital. This full-time position will assist in conducting clinicaltrials and research projects for the PVDCProgram. Supervision: This position will report to the SeniorResearch Coordinator and the Medical Director of the CLB and will work withcollaborating investigators and project managers as well as clinical andresearch personnel in the CLB. Areas of Responsibility: Clinical Research Development
- Serving as theclinical research coordinator for industry sponsored and investigator-initiatedclinical trials
- Assisting in theMaintenance of a clinical researchspecimen bio-repository
- Other projects asassigned
- Clinical Research Advisory Forum (RAF)
- Clinical Research Coordinators Committee(CRC)
- Support with local PH awareness and fundraising event
Salary Range: Salary is commensurate withskills and experience. The University ofColorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, islocated at http://www.cu.edu/pbs/
The Universityof Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus isdedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff,students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct backgroundinvestigations for all prospective employees.
The Universityof Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus iscommitted to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty andadministrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture ofinclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourageapplications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and allveterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality ineducation and employment.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation.
Diversity and EquityPlease click here for information on disability accommodations:http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus iscommitted to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty andadministrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture ofinclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourageapplications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and allveterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality ineducation and employment.
- Bachelor’s degreein science or equivalent education and work experience
- Prefer a minimumof two years’ experience with coordinating and managing administrative and clinicalresearch activities.
- Advanced computer skills, particularly MicrosoftExcel, PeopleSoft, and COGNOS.
- Knowledge and experience with IRB policies andprocedures.
- Strongorganizational skills and attention to detail essential.
- Demonstratedexperience with creating and maintaining clinical research projects andclinical trials
- Ability to multi-task
- This position requires a high level of proficiencywith computers and use of Microsoft Access, Excel, Outlook, Word, and otherUniversity and Departmental systems as required.
- Requiresindependent judgment as well as self-directed work capabilities.
- This positionrequires extensive experience with managing multiple projects and someone whocan effectively multi-task
- Ability to establishwork priorities and handle multiple deadlines.
- Ability to handlesensitive and confidential information and documents and maintain strictconfidentiality in all HIPAA matters
- Ability to work independentlyas well as part of a team.
- Ability to usevarious computer systems and software applications.
- Ability toinitiate and maintain effective lines of communication with otherareas/departments/sponsors
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Dec 13, 2018
Unposting Date: Ongoing