Program Director of the Chancellors Leadership Class (CLC) & UCCSlead
DescriptionWho We Are The University of Colorado Colorado Springs(UCCS) is one of four campuses in the University of Colorado systemand is home to over 12,400 undergraduate and 1,800 graduate students. UCCS isamong the fastest growing universities in the state and is consistently rankedas one of the top Western regional universities by U.S. News & WorldReport. Colorado Springs, (pop. 400K+) is situated at the base of Pikes Peak,offers many recreational and cultural activities and was recently ranked byU.S. News and World Report as one of the top Best Places to Live in the U.S.http://www.choosecoloradosprings.com/ Nature of Work TheProgram Director of the Chancellor’s Leadership Class (CLC) and UCCSlead provides direction and leadershipfor CLC in working with and recruiting students, planning and administeringclass curriculum, cultivating community advisory board relationships andscholarship fundraising efforts, and general management of the program. The position is also responsible forparticipation in the development and advancement of an additional leadershipcommunity, UCCSlead, which identitiesand builds participation from on-campus students as well as student groups byidentifying potential student leaders from the broad and diverse studentpopulation. The Program Director willwork closely with Student Success divisional staff as well as other campusunits in the coordination of programming to be offered throughout the academicyear for the UCCSlead certificateprogram. The Program Director will bedirectly responsible for delivering academic curriculum and extracurricularprogramming for this second group which will include identifying and schedulingleadership certificate workshops, as well as serving as the lead facilitator,while training and scheduling additional program facilitators. Willingness to work independently during variable hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Programdevelopment and delivery for CLC and additional core leadership certificategroup, UCCSlead
- Meetwith CLC scholars individually and in small groups each semester to discussprogress toward leadership goals and satisfaction with the program
- IntegrateCLC program into the broader UCCS community as a top priority
- Providestudent support as needed by promoting and assisting students to serve inleadership roles on the UCCS campus, connect students to resources on campusand in the community, and write letters of recommendation for various awards,scholarships, graduate programs, and career opportunities
- Planningand coordination of annual CLC orientation/retreat, as well as a mid-yearmini-retreat
- Deliveryof curriculum and programming and all activities related to the continuationand further development of leadership programs and related student groups
- Workwith the Senior Executive Director of Student Life and Assessment, ViceChancellor for Student Success, CLC community advisory board, UCCS AdvancementOffice, UCCS Alumni Office, and faculty to provide for continued development ofthe program to include but not limited to cultivating CLC community advisoryboard relationships and scholarship fundraising efforts
- Communicatewith constituency groups regarding on-going development of programs
- Recruitmentfor programs and oversight of the annual CLC scholarship application process,review, on-campus interview day, and selection
- Assessmentof programs and collaboration with Student Success Directors and other staff toreach divisional goals
- Trackingof student participation and learning; alignment with professional studentleadership standards and divisional and university initiatives
- Participateas an active, collaborative member of the Student Life department, adjoiningwith objectives, strategies, and outcomes, while regularly attending departmentstaff meetings, events, trainings, and functions
- Budget management to include authority,oversight, and advancement of the CLC endowment, annual scholarship fundraisingcampaign, grantapplications, sponsorships, and contracts, among other responsibilities such asstaffing, programming, and reconciling expenses
- Identificationof appropriate speakers, presentations, and activities in coordination withother Student Success staff and faculty and scheduling, coordination andmarketing of programs to a broad university community
- Collaboratewith the Colorado Leadership Alliance (CLA), attend CLA meetings, plan, coordinate,and participate in the annual CLA Summit
- Supervision of student employees
- Otherduties as assigned
- Experience in leadership trainingand programming
- Ability to multi-task, workindependently, coordinate detailed events, and supervise students
- Commitment to solution-focuseddecision making, teamwork, and positive student outcomes
- Ability to solve complex problemsand follow-through on tasks
- Strong verbal and writtencommunication practices a must
- Effective interpersonal skills andthe capability of fostering positive relationships with a variety ofstakeholder groups to include students, community members, alumni, staff, andfaculty
Salary Range: $52,306.00 - $59,000.00
Thisposition has been determined to be exempt from the overtime provisions of theFair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
TheUniversity of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is locatedat http://www.cu.edu/employee-services. TheUniversity of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productivelearning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, weconduct background investigations for all prospective applicants beingconsidered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal historyrecord check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle historycheck.
- Master’s degreepreferred in Student Affairs, Education, Business, Counseling, Public Relationsor related field.
- Experience working with advisement committees, planning groups, and boards.
- Knowledge of leadership development theory.
- Teaching and student management experience.
- Supervision experience.
- Development and fundraising experience.
- Alumni engagement experience.
Job Category: Student Services
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Posting Date: Dec 12, 2018
Unposting Date: Ongoing