Sr. Professional Research Assistant
DescriptionUniversity of Colorado - School of MedicineImmunotherapy Program Senior Professional Research Assistant(Research Lab Manager) Davila Research Lab The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds. Job Summary: Now hiring for a full-time Senior PRA (Research Lab Manager) with benefits. This position is offered through the Division of Medical Oncology (Department of Medicine) within a cancer immunotherapy research laboratory located at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora, Colorado. This position reports directly to Eduardo Davila, PhD, Professor, and is supervised by the faculty investigator PI (Dr. Davila). This is a senior research technician position in the Davila laboratory. Professional Field: The Davila lab research program is focused on developing cancer immunotherapies, particularly the role of T cells in driving tumor immunity in mice and humans. Our current focus is on the antigens that activate such T cells and how those antigens can be used for diagnosis and treatment of cancer. Individual will be part of a team of researchers working on defined laboratory-based research projects aimed at advancing scientific knowledge in tumor immunology. Extensive laboratory experience is required, including supervision of new personnel, training of students and new technicians, and participation in projects involving human and mouse sample testing. Primary duties may include the following:
- Sterile culture and expansion of murine and human immune cells including T cells, NK and NKT cells;
- Preparation of tissues, cell cultures, blood samples, etc. for testing;
- Conducting T cell antigen screens and assays;
- Performance of ELISPOT and ELISA assays and data analysis;
- Application of chemical crosslinking strategies to modify proteins or peptides;
- Performance of stoichiometric calculations;
- Performance of PCR for mouse genotyping;
- Preparing and running agarose or PAGE gels for DNA/protein analysis;
- Performing recombinant DNA work;
- Flow cytometric analyses;
- Validate quality of data elements/data editing;
- Develop and maintain research databases;
- Preparation of research presentations;
- Training and supervision of laboratory personnel in experimental techniques;
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment; maintaining and ordering laboratory supplies; completion of a research project;
- Participate in weekly research laboratory group meetings and applicable trainings as required;
- Flexible in learning new technical skills and animal care related to research;
- Must be able to adhere to all regulatory compliances for the University of Colorado animal lab facility required regulations;
- Regular animal research updates to the faculty investigator on a weekly basis or as needed;
- Perform other research laboratory duties as assigned by the faculty investigator, as needed.
- Proficient sterile techniques for tissue culture.
- Previous experience with T cell culture and cloning.
- Broad familiarity with and ability to operate standard laboratory equipment: microscopes, centrifuges, incubators, weigh balances, pH meters, and pipettors.
- Computer competency skills (MS Office) and internet research for appropriate University of Colorado business use.
- Ability to develop and implement research protocols.
- Ability to analyze complex data sets and communicate results.
- Conduct literature searches.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work well with other research lab members.
- Excellent organizational and recordkeeping skills.
- Previous lab and animal experience is required
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Dec 12, 2018
Unposting Date: Ongoing