Director Career Center
DescriptionThe Director is a visionary leader-manager who oversees allaspects of the Career Center including but not limited to:LEADING a new initiative to develop and growa campus hub for current UCCS students and alumni. The hub will aid in professionaldevelopment and career readiness by collaborating on a shared vision of Career Centerservices across a variety of campus units.
DEVELOPING Career Center publicity and marketingstrategies, and analyzing data to achieve effectiveness, measurable goals, andoutcomes.
The ideal candidate demonstrates:
- Ability to manage new campus-wide initiatives and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Emotionally intelligent leadership skills.
- Open communication on campus with all interactions carried out in a professional manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Advocacy for internal and external campus partners including campus collaboration partners, alumni, staff, employers, and students.
- Team-building skills and experience collaborating and cooperating across constituencies.
- Experience and commitment to working with diverse populations.
- Enthusiasm, creativity, innovativeness, and willingness to take well-informed risks.
The University of Colorado ColoradoSprings offers a full benefits package. Information on university benefits programs, including eligibility, islocated at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado ColoradoSprings is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living andworking community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct backgroundinvestigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment.Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and whenappropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- Master's Degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Three to five or more years of experience in hiring and supervising staff.
- Five or more years of professional experience in relevant area to this job, such as academic/industry partnerships, career consultation/coaching, employment, training, or university or community building initiatives.
- Experience working in or with a university setting in a career services or workforce development role.
Job Category: Student Services
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Posting Date: Dec 20, 2018
Unposting Date: Ongoing