Universityof Colorado – School of MedicinePost-doctoral Fellow
The University of ColoradoDenver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitmentto creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value theability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diversebackgrounds.
The Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism & Diabetes in the Department of Medicine/School of Medicine located on the Anschutz Medical Campus is looking for a full-time Postdoctoral Fellow.
Area of primary responsibility (80%): This position reportsdirectly to Dr. Margaret E. Wierman, MD. The candidate will develop and lead projects in the area of cancer andtumor biology, including drug development in adrenal cancer and other endocrinetumorigenesis. Activities related to this responsibilityinclude but are not limited to:
The applicant will workclosely with collaborators across the institution in genomics, bioinformatics,SOPharmacy high throughput core etc.
Other responsibilities and areas of focus (20%): As this post-doctoral training is considered a career-development period,it is expected that a portion of time be dedicated to the following.
1. Enhancing general knowledge in related scientific areas by attending intramural seminars, research conferences, and grand rounds
2. Attending weekly Wierman lab meetings
3. Presenting research in progress at lab meetings and yearly Endocrine researchconference
4. Developing the skill sets towards independence in an area of related interest to the field. The objective isto prepare and submit, prior to
the end of the training period (2-3 yrs), amentored training grant application. Thiswill be achieved by
a. Using resources (reading the scientific literature, attending seminars) to enhance their understanding of the field, communication and grant-writingskills.
b. Discuss potential ideas with the Wierman lab and other experts on campus
c. Present ideas for future studies at lab meetings
d. Participate in and give feedback during lab meetings where other membersof the group present grant submissions for review
· Graduationfrom an accredited college or university with a PhD/MD
· Expertisein tumor biology and use of molecular and cell biology techniques
· Experiencewith nude mouse models
· Excellentcommunication skills
· Theability to work independently and work collaboratively with others in the lab
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Feb 5, 2019
Unposting Date: Ongoing