Analytics Program Analyst
DescriptionUniversity of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical CampusCenter for Biomedical Informatics and PersonalizedMedicine/Health Data CompassAnalytics Program AnalystPosition 755403 – Requisition 14979
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campusseeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusivelearning and working environment. Wevalue the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff ofdiverse backgrounds.
The Center for Biomedical Informatics and PersonalizedMedicine – Health Data Compass has an opening for a full-time University Staff(unclassified) Analytics Program Analyst (IT Senior Professional) position.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CUAnschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Coloradoand the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it isone of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world.With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforceof the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in oneplace. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allowsknowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient’s bedside. ReadCU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranksamong the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research.Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessionaleducation, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine,Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health SciencesLibrary; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus area biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CUAnschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and fivefirst-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside facultymembers who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expertclinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for researchand innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards eachyear and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since2002.
Jobs in this career family develop, maintain, and supportcomputer systems, software and networks. Functions include enterprise operations, distributed computing, academiccomputing, research computing, computer hardware and software management,computer networking, telecommunications, systems development, databaseadministration, server administration, website management, programming, desktopsupport, and help desk operations.
Senior Professionals are responsible for exercisingdiscretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in awide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and studentservices functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharingknowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed fully independently.
Health Data Compass is the enterprise health data warehouseand analytic infrastructure on the University of Colorado Denver’s AnschutzMedical Campus in Aurora, CO. Our teamoperates a data integration and analytics platform to support clinical andtranslational research across the Anschutz Medical Campus research enterprise,to promote operational excellence within our partner hospitals, and to driveinnovation and discovery in the field of personalized medicine. We are jointly sponsored by the University ofColorado, CU Medicine, UCHealth, and Children’s Hospital Colorado.
Example of Work Performed:
- Responsible for large innovative healthcare collaborativeprojects on campus that are aimed to improve healthcare through data andanalytics.
- Work with clinicians and data scientist to understandoperation and analytic questions, design solutions with data integration andtechnology platforms provided by Compass, and coordinate efforts with technicalteams to support these projects.
- Provide continued support for these projects throughmanagement of project activities, timelines and deliverables.
This description is a summary only and is describing thegeneral level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive.The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based onbusiness need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties andresponsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Salary and Benefits:Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills andexperience.
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on yourpaycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans andretirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disabilityaccommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campusis committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty andadministrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture ofinclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourageapplications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and allveterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality ineducation and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campusis dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff,students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct backgroundinvestigations for all prospective employees.
- A bachelor’s degree in a research, healthcare, computer science, information technology, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Four (4) years of professional level experience developing and supporting data analysis/reporting and data systems in a healthcare or research environment.
- Master’s degree in clinical/healthcare informatics or related healthcare/clinical field from an accredited institution
- Five (5) or more years of professional experience developing and supporting data analysis/reporting and data systems in the healthcare or research environment
- Experience working with either Epic EMR, Clarity, Caboodle data warehouse
- Experience querying data with SQL or another programming language (R, SAS, Python, etc)
- Experience in a project management role
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations and healthcare data
- Demonstrated effectiveness in a complex organizational environment
- Knowledge of clinical research
- Knowledge of healthcare operations
- Knowledge of data analytics
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Nov 6, 2018
Unposting Date: Ongoing