Executive Assistant/Supervisor (Program Assistant II)
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics – Administration
Executive Assistant/Supervisor – (Program Assistant II)
Position #686871– CU Careers Requisition #15179
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver—one of America’s most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and inter-professional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient’s bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
The School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Administration has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Executive Assistant/Supervisor (Program Assistant II) position.
Nature of Work:
The University of Colorado | Anschutz Medical Campus is currently seeking applications for an Administrative Supervisor to work in the Department of Pediatrics, at the Denver Campus or Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora. This full-time, University Staff (non-classified) position is responsible for serving as a high functioning assistant to the Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) for the Department of Pediatrics (DOP), as well as providing support to other key leadership positions within DOP Administration including: Finance, Clinical and Business Operations, and Pediatrician-in-Chief Divisional oversight. The position will need anticipate and respond to the Director ' s expectations in a proactive way, while also prioritizing and accomplishing a variety of administrative tasks for DOP leadership. This role will be required to navigate between complex organizations and manage politically challenging situations. Additionally, responsibilities will require independent judgment, stellar communication and interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communications skills, and the ability to navigate across complex systems in order to get high quality work accomplished on time.
This Administrative Supervisor will directly supervise the administrative team within the DOP. This requires ongoing communications and working knowledge of all ongoing team assignments, as well as the ability to use and understand UPI, UCD, and CHCO HR systems. In this capacity, this position will serve to lead the administrative support efforts for the centralized leadership team, and will be expected to navigate a complex work environment and meet the administrative and leadership needs for this group in a diplomatic and professional manner.
Administrative Support: 80%
- Assist with DOP high level executive recruitments, including: scheduling interviews, itinerary preparation, transportation arrangements, escorting, places orders for catering, and providing hospitality service to candidates.
- Composing business memos and e-mails on a regular basis.
- Recording and distributing meeting minutes.
- Assist DOP leadership with special projects and proposals
- Provides administrative support for outside consultants.
- Tracks and coordinates faculty reminders for flu shots, COI surveys, attestations, etc.
Administrative Personnel Supervision: 20%
- Manage and directly supervise 3-4 full-time Administrative Assistants, this includes:
o Handling of hiring/terminations/performance issues, training sessions, salary increases, disciplinary actions, resolving grievances, determining scope of work and work standards, distribution of work, and coordinating cross coverage and cross-training of personnel.
- Coach and develop staff competency, skill set, performance, and positive behavior.
- Complete annual performance evaluations to outline clear expectations, goals, and quality of performance.
- Motivate, encourage and develop a positive team work environment.
- Work with DOP leadership to coordinate hiring and promotion decisions.
- Assess department and management needs and priorities to develop work assignments as appropriate and communicate with leadership on a regular basis to determine work prioritization and ensure collaboration across the DOP.
- Ensure accountability, on-time delivery, and quality performance.
- Manage directives and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Conduct team meetings in order to update and set priorities, assess progress, issues, concerns and/or suggestions.
- Create and maintain administrative support team operation manuals.
- Other duties as assigned and requested.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is commensurate with skills, equity, and tenure with the University of Colorado.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- Four years of experience as an Executive/Administrative Assistant
- One (1) year of experience supervising the work of others.
Substitutions: College, university, or non-correspondence business school course work may substitute for experience on a year-for-year basis but not for the specific required supervisory experience.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to successfully pass a national criminal and sex offender background check.
- Must successfully pass a drug test through Children ' s Hospital Colorado.
- Progressive experience working in higher education setting with an emphasis on day-to-day business and administrative operations.
- Expert level experience working with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism by demonstrating initiative, resourcefulness, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize, follow through, and meet multiple, concurrent deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent follow-up skills; e.g. keep tracking spreadsheets and obtaining missing paperwork and/or checking in with people to keep a project moving forward.
- Ability to triage external and internal communications and determining priority.
- Highly proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Knowledge and mastery of both written and verbal communication.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Nov 16, 2018
Unposting Date: Ongoing