Extension Regional Director - Urban West Region
Job Title: Extension Regional Director - Urban West Region
Location: Missouri Urban
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 29130
Job Description COUNTY COVERAGE: Jackson, Clay and Platte Counties, Missouri
- Lead the regional program planning and delivery processes, in coordination with Senior Program Directors, Education Directors and Extension Councils.Assess the needs and program priorities in the region and coordinate development and implementation of regional program plan with county councils, regional faculty and staff.Coordinate faculty, staff and financial resources to participate in cross-regional collaboration and program delivery as necessary developing multi-disciplinary teams to address complex issues and identification of best practices in extension programming.Provide direct and indirect supervision to Regional faculty and staff to include hiring, coaching, talent development and performance management. Collaborate with Principal Investigators, Senior Program Directors and Education Directors regarding grant-funded projects.
- Coordinate with program directors and coordinators to access faculty expertise and research on all campuses to develop new program initiatives critical to regional needs.Coordinate regional MU recruitment and engagement efforts and serve as the liaison between campus leaders, Extension and assigned region.
- Work with faculty, staff and councils to coordinate regional service learning opportunities for MU students in partnership with campus program coordinators.Serve as a liaison for Campus Engagement Council efforts and provide leadership and support for University sponsored programs and initiatives in the designated region
- Promote the vision and mission of University of Missouri Extension within the region.Identify opportunities to increase stakeholder, organization and constituent engagement within the region and between regions.Develop public-private partnerships strategies and work with faculty and staff in resource generation of grants, contracts, fees, sponsorships, and gifts.Work in coordination with others on the administrative team to represent MU Extension with stakeholders, partners and funders.Assist County Engagement Specialists to serve as representatives of University of Missouri Extension with Extension Councils, county commissions and other agencies.Provide coordination and leadership across all program areas for implementation of urban program strategies, partnership and stakeholder collaborations including the city government of Kansas City , marketing, communications and public relations strategies for a densely populated environment, and expanding funding streams to support programs and staffing.Promote a culturally aware and welcoming environment within MU Extension, along with a strong commitment to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff.Provide leadership and support for County Engagement Specialists to:
- Assist County Extension Councils in fulfilling their statutory obligations.Develop Councils as advocates for University of Missouri Extension.Understanding and following AA/EEO policies in recruiting and hiring processes.Assist County Extension Councils in providing input into University of Missouri Extension employee performance evaluation processes
- Create an environment that fosters the ability to work in a results-oriented environment.
- Collaborate with Extension Leadership, Councils and others to develop the regional budgeting and staffing plan, including County Engagement Specialist assignments and office location recommendations.
- Provide leadership, training and support for Community Engagement Specialists, Field Specialists and staff.
Facilitate and enhance the University of Missouri Extension's collaboration with public and private entities at all levels.Build relationships and collaboration with University of Missouri Kansas City administration and faculty.Look for opportunities to share resources with K-State Cooperative Extension in the greater Kansas City area.
- A Masters degree and at least 6 years of experience from which the applicant gained position appropriate knowledge and skills. Ability to travel throughout Missouri on regular basis using own vehicle with mileage reimbursement or fleet vehicle – significant travel is required. Available to work evenings and weekends as necessary to accomplish organizational goals.Demonstrated experience in administration and leadership of educational programs, including leading and managing people, strategic planning, and fiscal management of considerable scope and complexity.Capacity to coach faculty in the development and delivery of educational programs.Exhibit effective written and oral communication skills.Highly collaborative work style, commitment to continuous improvement and problem solving, and leadership through honesty and integrity.Effective analytical and strategic planning skills, including evidence of ability to work across organizational Units to achieve results.Knowledge and proficiency in use of technology to support program delivery, training and faculty/staff development.Operate with minimal guidance, and be a self-directed learner who is flexible and adaptable to changing environments.
Complete the brief online application and be prepared to upload:
- Program capacity or experience in one or more MU Extension grand challenge areas of focus – Economic Opportunity, Educational Access, Healthy Futures.Doctorate or other terminal degree plus five or more years of land-grant extension or equivalent experience in community based adult education. Valued experiences include: worked in an extension faculty role; five or more years of executive leadership and supervisory responsibilities; worked in an urban setting.
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: