Associate Director of Information Technology
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves nearly 14,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that nearly 90** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2018.
**Based on fall 2018 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2019-025
Posting Start Date: 3/15/2019
Minimum Education: Masters
Additional Documentation: Transcripts Required (upload as other)
Compensation: $59,028 - $66,475
Associate Director of Information TechnologyDescription/Job Summary
- Manages all the IT training courses and instructors for Workforce Development and Continuing Education.
- Develop and implement IT policies and procedures to support the implementation of strategies set by Workforce Director.
- Coordinate with functional departments to identify, implement and optimize business processes through the applications of technology.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of Information Systems.
- Manage and monitor IT issues within each business location.
- Analyze the academic and business requirements of all IT programs to determine their specific program needs.
- Responsible for hardware and software troubleshooting, server and network management.
- Set-up and provide technical support to all servers.
- Responsible for the approval of all IT related requests and purchases.
- Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficient.
- Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems and report to the Director of Workforce.
- Master’s degree or professional certification related to workforce development field
- 4 years working in Workforce Development.
- At least five years of supervisory experience.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at [email protected]
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.
Email this job to a friend ×Subject:Your email address:Recipient's email address:Personal message:I came across this job and thought you may be interested.Human Verification:Send E-mail