Senior Program Manager, CREDIT Evaluations
The American Council on Education’s College Credit Recommendation Service (CREDIT®) is looking to grow our team by hiring a Senior Program Manager to help lead our efforts in education attainment and innovation. As CREDIT works to create bridges between training providers and universities, the Senior Program Manager is an essential role in meeting that mission. We are looking for someone who is motivated, a team-player, and passionate about supporting adult learners in achieving their higher education goals!
CREDIT connects workplace learners with colleges and universities by helping adults gain access to academic credit for formal courses and examinations taken outside traditional degree programs. With over 35,000 courses reviewed, ACE is the national leader in the evaluation process for education and training obtained outside the classroom.
The Senior Program Manager plans and executes CREDIT evaluation reviews and procedures, from handoff to final product. Responsibilities include serving as main point of contact for clients; selecting teams of subject matter experts to serve as evaluators; requesting, tracking, and assigning initial disposition of submitted course materials; identifying discrepancies and communicating with Associate Director to reconcile prior to review; and preparing review portal. This role has a primary focus on government contract creation and management, but may also lead evaluations of other credit and non-credit products.
ACE offers a competitive salary and benefits and is centrally located near the Dupont Circle metro.
Essential Job Duties or Tasks:
- Receives and responds to Requests for Proposals (RFP) and Requests for Quotation (RFQ) from contract agencies. Provides accurate pricing and follows external agency guidelines to respond promptly to inquiries.
- Works closely with the Finance Senior Contract Specialist to ensure accurate and timely processing of invoices and manages multiyear contract compliance.
- Works collaboratively with Partner Engagement team members to identify appropriate opportunities posted on FedBizOpps and other government websites.
- Oversees logistics for CREDIT reviews; approves qualified evaluators to review course materials; works with Program Evaluations staff to ensure the accuracy of all materials submitted.
- Serves as a Review Lead for onsite reviews and virtual reviews as needed. This requires overseeing the review processes, mediating conversations between the faculty subject matter experts, and presenting the results to the participating organization.
- Monitors communication and deliverables during reviews.
- Serves as a resource to reconcile discrepancies; ensures review team has documented appropriate credit recommendations and descriptions, including justification of credit recommendations when necessary.
- In partnership with CREDIT Leadership, analyzes and assesses the business process protocols of the review. Solicits feedback from internal and external stakeholders to implement new or revised procedural steps. Creates documentation and support tools.
- Supports the launch and management of the business process function and features available within SharePoint and other technology.
- Maintains integrity of data using database and Excel software tools; manages course data to include editing, proofing, parsing. Maintains integrity of data through routine audits by working with the Registrar.
- Supports all ancillary logistics for upcoming evaluation reviews and projects.
- Reviews and edits reports for clarity, consistency and conformance to ACE style guidelines.
- Meets departmental goals and objectives.
- Works collaboratively with other staff in ACE’s Attainment & Innovation unit and the broader Learning and Engagement division.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Education/Experience/Specialized Knowledge and Competency Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience required
- Well-spoken, confident, and professional, with the capacity to build and maintain working business relationships.
- Experience developing and working with government contracts strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software (i.e. SharePoint, Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Comfortable working with relational databases (i.e. 4D, CMS)
- Office management skills including: organizing and implementing multiple complex issues and tasks; strong verbal and written communications; editing and proofreading responsibilities required.
- Excellent customer service
- Time management skills to effectively manage multiple projects.
- Attention to detail and good critical thinking skills.
- Research skills.
- Must be able to travel 30% of the time.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort:
Office environment; travel up to 30%
The American Council on Education is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, disability, matriculation, genetic information, credit information or protected veteran status.