Assistant Director, Student Support Systems
The Assistant Director for Student Support Systems provides leadership, technology administration, and project management to support student success. The position maintains the student support systems including Banner, Starfish, Degree Works, and the Student Educational Planner. The Assistant Director is responsible for training College staff in the use of each system and providing help throughout the year. The position organizes and manages the Advisor Assignment Process and provides support for other advisement and student service initiatives.Duties
Primary responsibilities include but not limited to: -
- Provide leadership and primary support for all processes related to Banner, Degree Works system, and the Advisor Assignment Process.
- Create and update procedure manuals for all responsibilities.
- Oversee the management and maintenance of the Degree Works Audit and Student Educational Planner. Scribe approved changes and new courses into Degree Works.
- Manage and implement the Advisor Assignment Process in the fall and spring semesters.
- Support Dean of Student Success and Completion with the development, implementation, maintenance and training of the Starfish Retentions Software.
- Coordinate and provide training to faculty and staff in the use and interpretation of Banner, the Degree Works Audit, Student Educational Planner, and Starfish Retention Software.
- Process approved forms to include change of major, change of advisor, course substitution, and grade exclusion.
- Responsible for working with CollegeBoard and ACT for the receiving and recording of SAT and ACT scores.
- Award credit for prior learning to student's audit in Banner.
- Advise and register students using Banner.
- Serve as the data custodian for all Student Affairs divisions.
- Supervise the Assessment Services Office in the absence of the Director.
- Other duties as assigned by Director, Assessment Services.
The ideal candidate must have: -
- Bachelor's degree; Master's Degree preferred.
- One (1) year of experience in a college setting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; knowledge of Ellucian Banner and Degree Works
- Prior supervision/management experience.
- Knowledge of IT programming and Oracle database helpful.
- Experience with Business Intelligence and creating dashboard skills preferred.
Pennsylvania Act 153 Clearances
Applicants are required to either present to human resources current and valid PA Act 153 clearances or be able to obtain them expediently.
DCCC is an equal opportunity employer.