Faculty - Visual Arts, Computer Art (adjunct)
Posting DetailsPosting Details Posting Number: Temporary_0091100 Position Title: Faculty - Visual Arts, Computer Art (adjunct) Classification Title Part Time Faculty Min Salary $31.76 Max Salary $33.96 Salary Type Hourly FLSA E = Exempt Position Type: Faculty Position Summary:
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is seeking part-time Computer Art Instructors to teach Computer Art as needed within the AFA program.
Potential to teach other studio and lecture courses such as Art Appreciation and Art History as needed.Staff Required Education/Experience: Faculty Required Education/Experience Skills:
- Master of Fine Arts (MFA) or Master’s of Arts in Fine Art (MAFA). Must hold the degree prior to December 31, 2018.
- Must be able to thoroughly teach introductory and intermediate levels of Computer Art using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Faculty must be extremely organized and reliable.
- Faculty are REQUIRED to participate in college email, college and departmental deadlines, and have regular contact with his/her supervisor.
- Faculty are expected to have student representation in all art exhibitions.
- The ability to work closely with other faculty and collaborate on projects is required.Desired Education/Experience/Skills:
- Master of Fine Arts Degree (MFA) with an emphasis on Digital Arts
- Active Exhibition Record
- Previous Teaching experience beyond the TA level
- An understanding of the community college environment and goals of an AFA degree programOther Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Department: Lib Arts - Fine Arts Work Hours:
VariesPosting Date: 10/23/2018 Closing Date: 04/01/2019 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please include a PDF of your artwork (up to 20 images labeled with title, year, medium, size) OR a link to your website.
If applicable please include a PDF of your students’ work (up to 20 images labeled with the year, title of project, and medium).Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
1.Update, communicate and follow course syllabus content in accordance with directions provided and administrative guidance.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
2.Participate in professional development opportunities (selected or assigned) in order to enhance and apply knowledge/skills within the discipline, to effectively utilize required course technology and College applications, and to maintain licensures (as applicable).Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
3.Utilize College technology for the delivery of instruction and completion of operational processes; this includes but is not limited to the College’s learning management system, email and calendaring solution, document management system(s), student information system, and employee portals.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
4.Meet deadlines, including maintaining and submitting accurate class records, employee records/requests, and other assigned tasks.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
5.Successfully prepare, manage, and deliver course content in order to achieve course objectives, accommodate diverse learning styles, and meet administrative requirements. When applicable, ensure laboratories are appropriately stocked with required supplies and equipment is in safe operating order.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
6.Actively engage students and provide prompt feedback in an objective, respectful, and effective manner.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
7.Work collaboratively with the College’s support services to identify and address the students’ academic support needs.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
8.Support student advising, registration and recruitment efforts, as appropriate or required.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
9.Facilitate a positive, student-centered, and professional environment among students, faculty and staff.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
10.Adhere to College policies and procedures.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
11.Follow the appropriate chain of supervision.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
12.Participate in College meetings, events, and committees as appropriate or required.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Rowan-Cabarrus Community College Website
- Newspaper Advertisement/Publication
- North Carolina Community College System Website
- Inside HigherEd
- Employee Referral
- * Do you hold a Master of Fine Arts (MFA) or Master of Arts in Fine Art (MAFA)?
- * Do you have experience working in Adobe Photoshop?
- * Do you have previous teaching experience beyond the Teachers Assistant level?
- Transcript 1
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document
- Transcript 2
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3