Undergraduate Admissions Counselor
Undergraduate Admissions Counselor
Dominican educates and prepares students to be ethical leaders and socially responsible global citizens who incorporate the Dominican values of study, reflection, community and service into their lives. The University is committed to diversity, sustainability and the integration of the liberal arts, the sciences and professional programs. Dominican University of California is an independent university offering the best of Liberal Arts combined with a rigorous professional education. Founded in 1890, Dominican enjoys an over century-long reputation for excellence in scholarship, research and community outreach. The University offers more than 60 academic programs that reflect the diversity and creativity of both the faculty and the students. With about 1,900 students and a student to faculty ratio of 10:1, Dominican is able to successfully blend the personal attention associated with smaller schools with the academic resources of a larger university.
Resume/CV and cover letter are required and must be attached in attachment section of the application process (Step 2). Refer to the posting instructions for any additional materials that may be required.
Refer to the Dominican Employment Page here for adjunct opportunities and application instructions.
Title: Undergraduate Admissions Counselor
Department: Undergraduate Admissions
Division: Enrollment and Marketing
Reports to: Director of Undergraduate Admissions
Status: Full Time; Exempt
Dominican University of California is seeking an individual for an Undergraduate Admissions Counselor position. Reporting to the Director of Undergraduate Admissions, this position is part of an established and successful undergraduate recruitment team, and is responsible for promoting the value of a Dominican education and recruit, evaluate, and admit first year students, to help meet recruitment goals.
Prospective Student Counseling
- Manage student interest in assigned regional territory from inquiry to registration.
- Establish a relationship with prospective students and their families through telephone, email, Skype, and mail contact, interviews, events, etc.
- Answer questions about admissions and follow up with personal needs and matters.
- Schedule campus visits for students and families.
- Conduct admission interviews and tours, arrange for classroom visits, and give presentations to prospective students and groups.
- Visit high schools to promote Dominican and recruit students by giving presentations, speaking with students individually, and meeting with high school counselors.
- Represent Dominican at high school college fairs.
- Work with high school and college counselors to update Dominican materials in office and establish a relationship so that they will refer students.
- Coordinate all aspects of travel including scheduling, transportation, and accommodations.
- Extensive overnight travel may be required during the year. Most travel occurs over 2-3 months in the fall, additional travel in the spring. Evening and weekend hours will be required throughout the year.
- Review student files including transcripts, test scores, essays, applications, and letters of recommendation for evaluation purposes.
- Follow up with applicants to complete files and update necessary information.
- Provide excellent customer service with students and families, guidance counselors, staff, and faculty through email, phone, and in-person interactions.
- Enter and track information in database to manage territory recruitment.
- Meet regularly with supervisor and team members to ensure clear communication within the office.
- Assist in coordination of recruitment events such as open houses and receptions.
- Attend recruitment events on and off campus to interact with prospective students and their families.
- Participate in and lead ongoing admissions office projects such as student ambassadors, campus events, alumni programs, group tours, electronic recruitment, etc.
- Develop and maintain appropriate manuals for program management.
- Assist in research related to domestic and international recruitment strategies and outreach planning.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Current driver's license and satisfactory driving record required and must be maintained
- Must be willing to consent to background investigation
- Must be able to rent automobiles
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
- Ability to work independently and manage timelines in deadline and goal driven environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deliver presentations to diverse constituencies
- Proficient computer literacy
- Project and event management skills
- Bi-lingual in Spanish
Additional Position Information
- Priority will be given to applications given by March 1, 2019; however additional applications may be considered until the position is filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:10 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 16, with a small-town feeling in a park- like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency