Adjunct Associate Professor of Geography
Adjunct Associate Professor of Geography
San Joaquin Delta Community College District
Job Number: 1900001B
Under the general supervision of the Division Dean of Agriculture, Science and Mathematics, the Adjunct Associate Professor of Geography teaches organized classes primarily in the Geography discipline(s); the primary responsibility is to teach up to 10 units (part-time) in the assigned discipline.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Instruct courses in Geography in accordance with credit course outlines approved by the Board of Trustees.
2. Maintain expertise in current teaching methods, discipline knowledge, and discipline specific technologies. Assist students in achieving stated course objectives. Evaluate the progress of each student and notify students in need of counseling services and/or tutorial assistance. Track student learning outcomes and maintain records of student learning outcomes. Participate in the departmental process of curriculum review, modification, and the assessment of student learning outcomes in order to make the program successful. Support the Division Dean in cooperating with campus and community groups to provide programs, courses, and information relevant to the needs of the students and various programs. Coordinate with other faculty in the selection of textbooks, audiovisual and other instructional materials. Complete various reporting procedures as required for student evaluation, course reporting and budget development. Assist the Division Dean in the preparation of required reports by providing requested information. Attend various departmental, divisional and campus-wide activities and events as required. Plan and complete approved professional development flex activities each semester. Perform other necessary duties as assigned by the Division Dean and as outlined in Board Policy.
Minimum Qualifications: Master's in geography or bachelor's in geography and master's in geology, history, meteorology, or oceanography or the equivalent.
Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Experience in teaching post-secondary courses in Geography. Demonstrated ability to adapt teaching strategies and techniques to different levels of students' ability and learning styles. Demonstrated ability to adapt teaching strategies and techniques to students from different cultures and ethnic groups. Demonstrated ability to use innovative and creative teaching techniques and equipment, including the use of multimedia hardware and software and on-line instructional techniques. Demonstrated leadership in developing curriculum for discipline specific courses and/or programs. Demonstrated leadership, ability, and desire to stay current in the field. Demonstrated leadership and ability to work with business and industry in order to coordinate the educational program with the needs of the community. Interest in or knowledge of teaching online and other distance education courses.
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 51.91
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 79.07
- External Opening Date: Feb 7, 2019
Location: United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://deltacollege.referrals.selectminds.com
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access to its education programs and activities and makes all employment decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected category. The District’s prohibition against sex and gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University