Posting DetailsJob Posting Information Vacancy Type SHRA Is Internal Transfer Only No Time Limited? No Time-Limited Appointment Length Title University Program Associate Band Level Contributing Working Title Program Assistant Salary Range $31,200 - $56,545 Anticipated Hiring Range $17,000 - $20,850 ( 20 hours per week) , commensurate with experience Salary Grade Equivalency 62 Position Number 00106520 Work Schedule Various (20 hours per week) Does the regular and recurring schedule of this position result in the employee working more than ½ of their hours between 4 pm and 8 am? (Meal periods do not count). No Full Time Equivalent (FTE) .50 Department 140901 - Mechanical & Aerospace Engr Department Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Job City & State Raleigh, NC Primary Function of Organizational Unit
The department of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering is an academic unit. MAE is one of the largest academic department in the college of engineering and the second largest at NC State.
The Precision Engineering Consortium (PEC) is a multidisciplinary research activity that began in 1982 with faculty from the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering and now includes 5 faculty and 5 graduate students from Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science and Engineering. The Consortium, housed in an 11,000 square foot facility on Centennial Campus, has 3 full-time staff members and an average annual expenditure rate of $500,000. NC State is located in the heart of the Research Triangle area of North Carolina. The research program emphasizes metrology (sensors and measurement systems), innovative precision fabrication processes (machining, grinding, polishing), and real-time process control.Essential Job Duties
This position is .50 FTE (20 Hours a week)
This position will provide Contract and administrative assistance for the Precision Engineering Consortium.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Track and monitor expenses for all Center accounts.
- Process forms for Human Resources to the Department level. Reconcile accounts and meet audit requirements.
- Prepare all procurement paper work and travel requests and process through NCSU Accounts Payable.
- Management of contract and grant proposals from beginning proposal input to final close out.
- Assist with areas of C&G proposals including budget preparation,technical report assistance and PMR requests.
- Assist in the effort to find potential affiliate contacts and government projects for the PEC.
- Maintain records of Consortiums activities and assisting with reports of those activities as requested by the Director.
- Coordinate scheduling, printing and binding of interim and final reports.
Salary reallocations for PEC staff members.
Additional duties assigned by supervisor and/ or Department Head are sometimes necessary to ensure the smooth operation of the Consortium.
Bachelor’s degree; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.Departmental Required Skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word, or similar software.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills via telephone, in person, and e-mail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and demands.
- 2 or more years bookkeeping and administrative duties
- Knowledge of Peoplesoft for Finance and HR or similar system.
- Knowledgeable of Higher Education research administration (Pre- and Post- Award), Cost Accounting Standards, Budget Development and Federal, State and University policies and procedures is a plus.
- Experience with PINS, RADAR, NSF Fastlane and Grants.gov systems.
- Knowledgeable of sponsored research process and procedures, as well as
experienced in pre-award and closeout process for sponsored research.
- Understanding of audit requirements and a thorough knowledge accounting methods and procedures, financial practices, federal circulars, budgeting, and state and
university policies and regulations.
N/ASpecial Instructions Job Open Date 09/24/2018 Must Be Open Until---- (Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.) 09/28/2018 Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies? No Proposed Hire Date 10/15/2018 Alternate Option
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree verified at www.wes.org. Degree must be obtained prior to start date.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please select the response below that best describes your experience/education for the University Program Associate position.
- High school diploma/GED and at least 4 years of related experience
- Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctorate in any field
- Combination of post-high school education and experience in a related area to equal at least 4 years (ex: Associate's degree and 2 years of experience)
- Did not complete high school but have a combination of high school education and related experience to equal at least 8 years (ex. 1 year of high school and 7 years of experience)
- None of the above
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for References