Director of Simulation
Job Title: Director of Simulation
Reports To: Dean, School of Nursing
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Responsible for coordinating, developing, implementing, and evaluating simulation learning experiences for all nursing programs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the scheduling for all nursing students in nursing simulation learning experiences in cooperation with the nursing faculty.
- Provide instruction to faculty on simulation pedagogy including developing objectives, planning, implementation, and evaluation consistent with course objectives and simulation standards.
- Work in conjunction with the Nursing Learning Resource Manager to determine capital budget requests.
- Conduct annual inventory of simulation equipment and supplies.
- Set up equipment for each simulation education experience for the nursing students in cooperation with the nursing faculty and the Nursing Learning Resource Manager.
- Program simulators for practice and learning experiences as needed.
- Assist faculty with operating simulators as needed.
- Maintain simulation equipment.
- Chair the Simulation Committee including scheduling meetings twice per semester and submitting minutes.
- Participates in evaluation of student performance
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- New York State RN license
- Master’s Degree in Nursing
- Experience in nursing education including simulation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain effective working relations with all members of the College community
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Electronic Health Records
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) preferred
- Ability to exert some physical effort, such as walking, standing and to lift up to 25 pounds
- Manual dexterity