Payroll Analyst II
Payroll Analyst II
Payroll Analyst II
Controller Operations - 926101
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm w/ Flex and Overtime as needed
The UNT System Business Service Center (BSC) is home to several of the university system's shared and central services, including the Controllership. The BSC service groups provide all accounting, reporting, purchasing and business-service focused operations for all of the University of North Texas System component institutions. Areas of responsibility for these shared and central services include Payroll, Financial Accounting & Reporting, Accounts Payable, and Procurement, among others. The University of North Texas System is comprised of: the University of North Texas (located in Denton), the University of North Texas Health Science Center (in Fort Worth), the University of North Texas at Dallas, and the University of North Texas System (downtown Dallas).
This position is located at the Business Service Center at Woodhill Square, just south of our flagship campus in Denton.
The UNTS Controller Operations Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Payroll Analyst II to join our team. This position performs routine (journey-level) payroll work. Work involves payroll services using guidelines, rules, policies, and laws. Works under moderate supervision, with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Processes monthly and semi-monthly payroll in PeopleSoft North American Payroll module
* Monthly reporting to Texas Retirement System (TRS)
* Certification of TRS forms
* Sending bank files
* Running reports
* Coordinating unclaimed property claims
* Reconciling monthly payroll invoices
* Sending and receiving vendor billing
* Assisting with the preparation, process and review of multi-company, multi-state payroll system.
* Responding to payroll inquiries timely and accurately.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess an Associate's degree and two years of experience in accounting and/or auditing or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, abilities, and skills.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Working knowledge of accepted accounting practices, legal statutes, and policy and procedure affecting financial record keeping.
* Ability to work accurately with numerical detail consistently and to perform accounting operations legibly.
* Ability to analyze, consolidate, and present accounting data in clear concise form.
* Ability to coordinate and supervise the work of others.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Higher Education experience
* State of Texas experience
* Peoplesoft experience
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting