Research & Data Analyst
Requisition InformationPosition Information Posted with Limited Access No Limited Access Period Ending Date Title Research & Data Analyst Posting Number S01216 Full-Time/Part-Time Full-time Typical Hours Per Week 38.75 Regular, Temporary or Term Regular If temporary or term, enter anticipated end date Benefits Eligible? Yes Hourly/Salaried Salaried Band/Level SP3 Hiring Minimum Commensurate with experience Department Assessment & Institutional Research Location Middlebury, VT Campus Hire contingent upon successful completion of the following post-offer screening Criminal Background Check Position Summary Position Summary
Working with direction from the Director of Assessment and Institutional Research collects and analyzes data about Middlebury, including all of its programs. Analyzes and synthesizes data to generate meaningful information to be used for institutional strategic decision making. Reports data to internal and external audiences in a useful and accurate manner, ensuing that reports are produced in an accurate, clear, and concise format.Responsibilities Essential Functions
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
- Conducts quantitative analysis of data from all of Middlebury’s programs and creates clear, concise and accurate reports based on those data to be used by Middlebury administrators to make strategic decisions.
- Performs in-depth analysis of various and heterogeneous data sets.
- Performs external reporting functions for Middlebury, generates standard reports (e.g., Fact Book, IPEDS, and CDS), coordinate the timely response to response to internal and external data requests. Prepares regular reports on enrollment, degrees awarded and other related topics for internal and external audiences.
- Ensures institutional compliance with federal reporting regulations by coordinating and making timely submissions of data to IPEDS.
- Administers and coordinates regular and ad hoc surveys conducted by the institution, as needed.
- Analyzes and synthesizes results of surveys to produce meaningful and accurate reports.
- Maintains strategic performance indicators and other comparative data reports for Middlebury administrators and trustees.
- Supports initiatives as defined by the Provost Office.
- Responds to internal and external ad hoc requests for data.
- Provides timely and relevant updates on projects to members of the Assessment and IR team.
- Assists with the development of enhanced institutional data storage and accessibility.
- Supports other Assessment and IR projects, as needed.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- May be required to perform duties outside of normal working hours, as needed.
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s strongly preferred.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent quantitative reasoning skills / abilities.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Qualtircs required; knowledge of SPSS or R programming strongly desired.
- Experience with formulating hypotheses, gathering data, and conducting analyses required.
- Strong attention to detail is crucial.
- Ability to convey complex quantitative / statistical concepts to non-technical audiences required.
- Ability to coordinate collection of data from multiple sources in order to meet firm deadlines required.
- Ability to perform at a high level without significant supervision and with close attention to detail required.
- Must be able to produce accurate and high quality reports in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of database and reporting technologies, including visualization tools such as Tableau/Power BI.
- Interpersonal skills that foster collaborative working relationships, as well as well-developed oral and written communication skills, required.
- Must be able to keep data and information confidential.
- At least 5-7 years demonstrated proficiency in applied research and data analysis, preferably in higher education or a related setting, required.
- Experience working with large and complex data sets from heterogeneous sources required.
- Experience with survey design, analysis, and reporting required.
- Experience with creating presentations of data that are easily understood.
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.Recommendations
Some postings require contact information for reference providers for confidential letters of recommendation.Recommendation Letter Requirements Supplemental Questions for Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Middlebury web site
- Email Job Alert
- Employee Referral
- Newspaper advertisement
- Cover Letter
- Resume/C V