Adapted Physical Education Assistant Professor
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Posting Title Adapted Physical Education Assistant Professor Location Los Rios Community College District (American River College) Department Location Kinesiology and Athletics Posting Number F00503P The Institution
Founded in 1955, American River College (ARC) is one of the largest institutions of higher education in the Sacramento region, serving about 30,000 diverse students each fall and spring at its main campus and centers.
The college has an outstanding record for academic quality and is among the top community colleges in the state for transferring students to the University of California and California State University systems. The College offers education and support for students to strengthen basic skills, earn associate degrees and certificates, transfer to other colleges and universities, and achieve career as well as other academic and personal goals. ARC also has a strong reputation for its wide array of career programs, in areas such as Healthcare, Hospitality, Human Services, Business & Computer Science, Public Safety, Applied Arts, Advanced Transportation and Manufacturing and Apprenticeship.
Our vision is to transform the future of all students and our community through inclusive, equitable education. The college seeks individuals who share our mission of placing students first by providing an academically rich, inclusive environment that inspires critical thinking, learning and achievement, and responsible participation in the community.
Our Commitment to Social Justice & Equity
American River College strives to uphold the dignity and humanity of every student and employee. We are committed to equity and social justice through equity-minded education, transformative leadership, and community engagement. We believe this commitment is essential to achieving our mission and enhancing our community. The college seeks candidates who are committed to culturally inclusive practices and serving ARC’s student population. Faculty and staff are encouraged to engage in ongoing development of their professional skills. The college thus supports employee engagement in a broad range of trainings, workshops and activities such as the Equity Action Institute, the New Faculty Academy, and the Classified Leadership Academy. In addition, faculty and staff regularly participate in trainings offered through the college’s Center for Teaching and Learning and its Instructional Technology Center.
The faculty member shall be responsible for the following: teaching assigned classes under the supervision of the area dean; helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in their regular teaching field; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position; assisting with articulation and curriculum development and review; serving on college committees and participating in faculty governance including accreditation and student co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean; fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of a full-time faculty member as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
Position Salary Information:
Initial maximum salary placement is based on academic degree, upper/graduate level units earned, and/or related professional occupational experience per the Los Rios College Federation of Teachers (LRCFT) contract Article 2 (The initial maximum placement is Class V, Step 8).
The instructional assignment may include, but is not limited to:
● Teaching Adapted Physical Education activity classes and/or classes within the core curriculum of Fitness and Kinesiology.
● Community outreach and student recruitment.
● Overseeing and training of student assistants.
● Monitoring student enrollment status and assist with completing measurable progress forms.
● Evaluating and maintaining of equipment and supplies.
The instructional assignment may include day, evening, online, hybrid, weekend, and/or off-campus classes.Work Year 164 days Work Schedule Total Hrs per Week/Day Special Requirements Minimum Qualifications
1. Have a master’s degree from an accredited institution, completed by August 22, 2019, in Physical Education, Exercise Science, Education with an emphasis in Physical Education, Kinesiology, Physiology of Exercise, or Adaptive Physical Education; OR, have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, completed by August 22, 2019, in Physical Education, Exercise Science, Education with an emphasis in Physical Education, Kinesiology, Physiology of Exercise, or Adaptive Physical Education, AND have a master’s degree in any Life Science, Dance, Physiology, Health Education, Recreation Administration, or Physical Therapy, AND have 15 semester units of upper division or graduate study in Adapted Physical Education; OR, hold a California Community College Instructor’s Credential in the discipline area; OR, the equivalent.*
2. Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
● Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation and/or professional experience is the equivalent of the degrees listed above.
● If your degree title differs from the minimum qualifications listed above, you are requested to submit this equivalency statement.Application Instructions
Applicants applying to this position are REQUIRED to complete fully and submit:
1. Los Rios Community College District Faculty Application
2. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work
4. Two letters of recommendation
5. Letter of Interest
● Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified. Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts.
● Los Rios employees are also required to submit unofficial copies of transcripts.
● Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents.
● A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
● Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.Physical Demands Salary $46,470 to $77,043 annually. Additional earnings may be available for summer, overload, and stipends. LRCCD Salary Schedules Additional Salary Information Entering annual salary within a given range varies, depending upon units/degrees completed at accredited colleges/universities and experience. Candidates not holding a master's degree may start at a salary lower than posted above. Posting Detail Information Posting Date 01/23/2019 Closing Date 02/27/2019 Open Continuously No Beginning and/or Ending Dates
Full-Time, Tenure-Track Position
Beginning on or about August 22, 2019.
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Office located at 1919 Spanos Court, Sacramento, CA 95825-3981. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 or come in during our business hours.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to [email protected] Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m. of the posting closing date.Conditions
All Positions: Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.
Administrative/Executive/Faculty Positions: Contingent on funding and eligibility, successful candidates selected for an interview may be eligible to apply for partial reimbursement of travel expenses, up to a maximum of $250. Candidate Travel Reimbursement click hereQuicklink http://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/10280 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Criminal History Verification and Release: I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering the question below, I certify that the information provided by me is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and belief. I authorize investigation of all statements contained herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I release from liability all persons and organizations furnishing such information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to complete the form "Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime", P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). If needed, copy and paste the provided link, for the form <a href="http://wserver.losrios.edu/hr/forms/P-881,10-2013.pdf" target="_blank">http://wserver.losrios.edu/hr/forms/P-881,10-2013.pdf</a> and attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- * Please indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. Select the appropriate answer.
- I possess the minimum qualifications for this discipline as listed on the job announcement. (Attach unofficial transcripts from an accredited college/university and/or evidence of job experience.)
- I possess a valid California Community College Credential for this discipline. (Attach a copy of appropriate credential with application.)
- I possess qualifications equivalent to those listed and have attached evidence. (To review Equivalency Process.)
- I have previously been granted equivalency to teach this discipline by the Los Rios Community College District. (Attach the Equivalency Determination Form P-38 and transcripts.)
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to – where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document
- Equivalency Determination Letter (P-38 or Equivalency Request Statement)
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
- California Community College Instructor’s Credential