Instructor, Social Work #499991
Position DetailsPosition Information Posting Number 499991 Classification Title Instructor, Social Work Position Title Instructor, Social Work #499991 FLSA Salary Commensurate Job Summary/Basic Function
Lamar University seeks applications for the position of Social Work Faculty/IV-E Child Welfare Director. The position is available beginning July 2016. Salary and rank are negotiable depending on qualifications and experience.
Lamar’s Social Work Program is one of the most highly respected undergraduate social work programs in Texas. Continuously accredited by the Council on Social Work Education since 1980, the program has a strong history and an equally bright future. The IV-E Child Welfare Contract has a long history in the Social Work Program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
•Continue to develop child welfare training and education to serve social work students and the practice community;
•Coordinate and successfully manage the contract-funded IV-E Child Welfare Program by working closely with fellow faculty and University officials to ensure the Program functions professionally, efficiently and effectively;
•Provide leadership for recruiting students. into child welfare field placements and careers;
•Recruit and select student recipients of child welfare training stipends;
•Teach seven courses per year including required courses. courses in areas of interest and child welfare;
•Represent the IV-E Child Welfare Program to field agencies, professionals, students and professionals.
Experience and Qualifications:
oA Master’s degree in social work from an CSWE accredited program;
oAt least 2. years post-MSW practice;
oAbility to work collaboratively and effectively with faculty, staff, and students;
oDemonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively across cultural boundaries with diverse faculty, professionals and students.
Experience and Qualifications:
oContract management skills with the ability to balance priorities;
oChild Welfare experience;
oSocial work license;
oPh.D. or DSW or prospective achievement of the doctorate.
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Veteran's Preference
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas 805 Government Code, Section 657.003.Security Sensitive Statement
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.Lamar Expectation of Quality
Employee will support the mission of Lamar by providing high quality, professional services, timely responses and solutions to customer requests.Disclaimer
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. This description is subject to modification as the needs and requirements of the position change. Lamar University reserves the right to revise, change or eliminate this job description at any time.
Other duties may be assigned to this position on a regular or occasional basis to respond to the needs of the university.
This Job Description is not intended to be a contract of employment or a legal document. Employment with Lamar University is at will, and may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this Job Description shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way the employment-at-will status of Lamar University employees.Posting Detail Information Open Date 12/03/2018 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
Application Process: The review of applicants will begin immediately, and the search will remain open until the position is filled. Applicants should send a letter of application describing field and teaching experiences, curriculum vitae, official transcripts (required of appointee) and the names; addresses and contact information of three references (to include at least a supervisor and a colleague) to:
Dr. Stuart Wright
Department of Sociology, Social Work & Criminal Justice
c/o Department of Human Resources
P.O. Box 11127
Beaumont, Texas 77710
We look forward to your letters or calls of inquiry and your application. Please contact Stuart A. Wright, Chair, Social Work Search Committee, Lamar University, Beaumont, TX 77710; ph. 409-880—8545, email: [email protected]
A Member of the Texas State University System, Lamar University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and values the benefits of a diverse workforce.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education that you have achieved?
- Master's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- * In what area(s) did you receive your degree(s).
(Open Ended Question)
- * The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THEBC) maintains a list of Institutions Whose Degrees are illegal to Use in Texas. A copy of this list can be found at: http://board.thecb.state.tx.us/index.cfm?objectid=EF4C3C3B-EB44-4381-6673F760B3946FBB. Copy and paste this link into a web browser in order to check the list to verify your graduating institution is not on this list. Please check your answer BEFORE you submit your application. HR is not responsible for checking your answer nor resubmitting your application back into the pool if you do not answer this question correctly.As part of your educational qualifications for this position, are you claiming a degree from any of the institutions listed on the THEBC website referenced above?
- * How many years of experience do you have teaching at the higher education level? Also briefly list if you have graduate and/or online teaching experience & years of experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you claiming Veteran's Preference in accordance with Texas Senate Bill 805, Section 657.003? FAILURE TO EMAIL THE FOLLOWING REQUIRED DOCUMENTS PER THESE INSTRUCTIONS MAY IMPACT VETERAN'S PREFERENCE: To claim Veteran's Preference under the law you must be: (1) a veteran, including a veteran with a disability; (2) a surviving spouse of a veteran killed on active duty who has not remarried; or (3) an orphan of a veteran if the veteran was killed while on active duty. If claiming Veteran's Preference, you MUST immediately email to [email protected] your specific supporting documentation at the time of application such as the DD Form 214 (member 4 copy), AND, if applicable, the Dept of Veteran's Affairs Verification of Disability Benefits Letter if claiming a service related disability, a DD Form 1300 to include qualifying Death, Birth, and Marriage Certificates if claiming surviving spouse/orphan. Your email MUST also include your name, position number, job title and the department for each position you are applying for. Documents received after a position closes will not be accepted.
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2