International Student Services Front Desk Attendant
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number ST140158 Position Title International Student Services Front Desk Attendant Department International Student Services Division Student Development Salary Range - Minimum Full Time / Part Time? Part Time Hours per week 20 Temporary? No Number of Days N/A Posting Detail Information Posting Date 02/05/2019 Closing Date 03/11/2019 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants Advertising Summary Link to Career Services website
Application Procedures: “Apply to this Job at employment.jjc.edu”
Application Deadline: 03/11/2019
POSITION TITLE: International Student Services Front Desk Attendant
DEPARTMENT: International Student Services
REPORTS TO: Michelle Vale, International Student Services Coordinator
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist the International Student Services front desk, as necessary, including answering phones and greeting guests.
2. Assemble packets for mailing or for events as needed.
3. Alphabetizing and filing of student records.
4. Photocopying, scanning, and e-mailing documents as requested.
5. Assist with staffing department events as necessary, when schedule permits, such as New International Student Orientation and Asian Fusion.
1. Ability to maintain confidentiality of student information.
2. Must be comfortable working in a diverse environment and sensitive to cultural differences.
3. Basic computer and data entry experience.
4. Grade point average (GPA) must be maintained according to student worker guidelines and student must be enrolled in 6 credits or above.
1. Previous front office work experience
2. Strong customer service skills
*Normal office physical demands.
*Duties are performed indoors in the usual office environment. May be asked to walk students to other departments on main campus.
*May work up to 20 hours per school week. Additional hours during the summer or official school breaks may be possible, if office budget allows.
Joliet Junior College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action college supporting diversity.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you have a high school diploma/GED?
- No response
- Do you have significant experience with the following applications?
- Are you bi-lingual? If yes, which languages do you speak?
(Open Ended Question)
- Are you able to work a flexible schedule?
- List of References
- Cover Letter