Locksmith (Coral Gables campus)
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-05-22
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Where Excellence Meets PurposeThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
CORE JOB SUMMARY
The Locksmith oversees the safety and security of buildings and residents through a detailed locking program. Further, the Locksmith ensures the physical assets of the facilities are protected and maintained in good working condition.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Installs, repairs, builds, and provides services to mechanical or electrical locking devices.
- Disassembles locks and replaces tumblers, springs, and other parts.
- Cuts new or duplicate keys and opens locked doors without keys.
- Maintains a key control system, making changes when appropriate.
- Reports, verifies, and modifies electronic access properties and rights using computerized access control systems.
- Preserves the computerized database and identification system up-to-date, and secures facility locking systems.
- Performs carpentry work in connection with lock work.
- Performs inspection of door hardware devices to ensure proper assembly and operation.
- Ensures performance of preventive maintenance program functions.
- Makes estimates and completes work within the costs estimated.
- Keeps records of work performed throughout the facilities.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
High School diploma or equivalent
Certification and Licensing:
Certification in relevant specialty or field
Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
- Commitment to the University’s core values.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
- Proficiency in computer software (i.e. Microsoft Office).
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Valid State of Florida driver’s license.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c103