File Management Associate Office of Admissions
File Management Associate Office of AdmissionsPosted - 8/12/2019
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Application Coordinator, the File Management Associate is responsible for creating and maintaining all Charleston Admission files & their associated application materials. This position will work closely with the Senior Application Coordinator and Director of Recruit Operations. This person will also engage in data management cooperation during the end of enrollment recruitment cycles and will demonstrate a proficient understanding of all associated departmental and institutional standard operating procedures.
The File Management Associate will be responsible for preparing applicant files for the review of the Senior Application Coordinator. Occasional nights and weekends are required.
- Work with supervisor to learn Recruit, make sure processes are efficient, and evaluate the effectiveness of various approaches utilized;
- Input all physical application copies & relevant application materials into Recruit database
- Retrieve all electronic application submissions from various digital sources
- Process imports related to prospect lead generation
- Process documents, create files, send and receive correspondence, and deliver applications to Senior Application Coordinator within a quick 48-hour turnaround time
- Interface with University personnel, (i.e. admissions representatives, faculty, support staff, administrative staff) as required.
- Distribute letters associated with Acceptance, Scholarships, record status changes, etc. under the guidance of the Senior Application Coordinator.
- Demonstrate strong customer service orientation; respond to student emails, request documents needed for acceptance and registration, and assist in the distribution of acceptance packets to students
- Be proficient in the use of the University's Management Information System (Colleague and Recruit), Microsoft Office applications, and a variety of additional institutional software platforms
- Be knowledgeable about the University of Charleston programs, features, facilities, scholarships and financial aid opportunities. Be able to articulate same in a professional, consistent manner;
- Carry out special projects and other duties as assigned.
- This is an entry-level position that suggests a Bachelor's degree.
- Candidate must be a goal-oriented self-starter who has the ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidate must have a reliable car, a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to lift and carry marketing/promotional materials (up to 30 lbs.).
- An office clerk/manager background is preferred.
- The selected candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills, strong computer & organizational skills and must be able to think, plan and execute strategically.
- Candidate must have a customer service orientation and utilize relationship building techniques.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Interested applicants should submit cover letter, resume, references & salary requirements to:
University of Charleston
Admissions Office – Sandy Dolin
2300 MacCorkle Avenue, S.E.
Charleston, WV 25304
Email: [email protected]
The University of Charleston is an Equal Opportunity Employer.