Staff Research Associate 1
Staff Research Associate 1 Job Number Full/Part Time Schedule Salary 201901187521 Full Time 8AM - 5PM $43,702 - $52,200 Position Information The purpose of this position is to assist with the conduct of nematode management experiments. Activities will be conducted in the field, greenhouse, and laboratory at the Kearney Agricultural Research & Extension Center and other places. Knowledge of experimental design in the different contexts will be necessary. Conducting experiments in a safe, effective, accurate and productive manner.
*THIS POSITION IS LOCATED AT THE KEARNEY AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH & EXTENSION CENTER IN PARLIER, CA Minimum Requirements Education or experience equivalent to a Bachelor of Science in a biological field
At least two years of experience in agricultural research
Knowledge of agricultural methods including fertilizer regiments, weed management and insect control
Demonstrated experience in general laboratory skills including safety
Experience with plant care and plant related research & experience in aseptical research methods
Must possess or obtain a Valid California Drivers license in accordance with the California Department of Motor Vehicles.
Ability to adapt research methods with given priorities
Ability to obtain a California Pesticide Applicator license will be required
Experience in using common software packages, e.g. Microsoft word, excel and power point
Demonstrated organizational, verbal and written communication skills Preferred Qualifications Experience in nematology or plant pathology research desirable
Demonstrated experience with scientific publishing
Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Job Description Details View complete Job Description for this position