Sr. Nursery Technician
Sr. Nursery Technician Job Number Full/Part Time Schedule Salary 201901257661 Full Time 8AM - 5PM $40,486 - $56,689 Position Information Under direction, provides greenhouse support activities for the (CNAS) College of Natural Agricultural Science. This position performs day-to-day greenhouse activities related to weed control, clean-up, pruning, irrigation, fertilizing, facility monitoring, perform maintenance tasks, such as evaporative coolers, temperatures controllers, exhaust fans, irrigation controllers, bench maintenance in a wide array of greenhouses, lath houses and screen houses. Minimum Requirements Ability to read, write and perform arithmetic calculations; six years of experience in nursery techniques including demonstrated supervisory ability when applicable; or technical gardening school education and three years of experience in nursery techniques including demonstrated supervisory ability when applicable. Skill in operation of all equipment associated with greenhouses, head houses, general research sites and pesticide application and storage. Preferred Qualifications Knowledge or experience working with research.
Knowledge of horticulture, plant sciences, entomology or plant pathology.
Ability to grow rare and unique plants under greenhouse conditions.
Knowledge of alternative methods to control insect pests.
Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Job Description Details View complete Job Description for this position