Director of Continuing Education
Director of Continuing Education
Georgia Southern University (Georgia Southern) invites applications and nominations for the position of Director of Continuing Education. In order to guide the Division toward a bold vision of excellence, the University seeks candidates who are inspirational, creative, and accomplished leaders in the field of Continuing Education, with a strong commitment to excellence and serving the region.
Georgia Southern University is the state's largest and most comprehensive center of higher education south of Atlanta. Georgia Southern University is a public comprehensive and Carnegie Doctoral/R2 university offering associate, bachelors, masters, and doctoral degrees in nationally accredited programs in the liberal arts, sciences, and professional disciplines. Georgia Southern serves more than 27,000 students on three vibrant campuses - the Armstrong campus in Savannah, the Statesboro campus, and the Liberty campus in Hinesville. Georgia Southern offers an attractive campus environment that encourages learning, discovery, and personal growth. Nationally accredited academic programs prepare diverse scholars for leadership and service as working citizens.
Since 1906, the University's hallmark has been a culture of engagement that bridges theory with practice, extends the learning environment beyond the classroom, and promotes student growth and life success. Central to the University's mission is the faculty's dedication to excellence in teaching and the development of a fertile learning environment exemplified by a free exchange of ideas, high academic expectations, and individual responsibility for academic achievement. Faculty, staff, and students embrace the values of integrity, civility, kindness, respect, sustainability, citizenship, and social responsibility in every facet of the University.
For more information about Georgia Southern, please visit: https://www.georgiasouthern.edu/.
Reporting to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Director serves as the chief administrative officer and spokesperson for the Division of Continuing Education (CE) and oversees a staff of 23 and a budget of about $3 million. The Director is a vital link between the University and community stakeholders and is responsible for developing partnerships with regional entities (i.e. corporations, non- profit organizations, governmental agencies, etc.). The Director also plays a critical role in developing and implementing programs that support workforce needs and personal and professional development. The Director also coordinates the evaluation of instructional program offerings and student support systems. In addition, the Director is responsible for articulating the vision, mission, goals, and programs of the Division to the University community, external stakeholders, and the public at large. For more information regarding the Division of CE, please visit: https://academics.georgiasouthern.edu/ce/.
Successful candidates for the Director of Continuing Education position will possess:
• A master's degree from an accredited university;
• Experience developing and operating self-support programs;
• Five (5) years of administrative/leadership experience in a large, complex organization;
• Successful experience developing revenue generating programs;
• Experience with planning, budget management and supervision;
• Experience negotiating contracts with various stakeholders and clients such as businesses, non-profit
organizations, governmental agencies, and other entities;
• Demonstrated experience establishing productive working relationships with faculty and
administrators in a variety of disciplines and operational areas;
• Demonstrated commitment to shared governance in an educational or similar organization;
• Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills;
• Ability to foster partnerships among academic, community, and other stakeholders;
• Demonstrated commitment to the professional development of staff;
• Strong entrepreneurial skills; experience developing and implementing innovative educational programs to address the needs of a particular industry, organization, or niche market;
• Recent and demonstrated commitment to working in a diverse environment and supporting diversity and inclusion efforts and initiatives;
• The authorization to work in the United States for the duration of employment without assistance from the institution.
In addition to the aforementioned list of qualifications, the most competitive candidates for the Director of CE position will also possess:
• Doctorate degree from an accredited university;
• Experience managing complex budgets and leading personnel in a higher education environment;
• Track record of innovative program development;
• Successful experience generating external funding including grants and gifts;
• Experience developing and implementing strategic plans;
• Successful experience developing partnerships across a university or college;
• Experience in a leadership role for an office or division of Continuing Education;
• Demonstrated experience developing online programs and use of new educational technologies;
• Evidence of community involvement and leadership;
• Successful experience developing and implementing programs in a multi-site environment.
Screening of applications will begin immediately and will continues until the position is filled. The preferred start date is June 2019. A complete application consists of a letter addressing the qualifications cited above; a curriculum vitae; and the names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses of at least three professional references. Other documentation may be requested. Finalists will be required to submit to a background investigation. Applications and nominations should be sent to:
Alberto Pimentel, Managing Partner
Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates
6512 Painter Avenue
Whittier, CA 90601
Email: [email protected]
Refer to code "GSU-DCE" in subject line
Georgia Southern University seeks to recruit individuals who are committed to working in diverse academic and professional communities and who are committed to excellence in teaching, scholarship, and professional service within the University and beyond. The names of applicants and nominees, vitae, and other non-evaluative information may be subject to public inspection under the Georgia Open Records Act. Georgia Southern University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity institution. Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the ADA to participate in the search process should contact the Vice Provost.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency