Job location: Pasadena, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-04-25
Saybrook University is seeking an Executive Assistant to join their organization. This position will be based out of Pasadena, California. The Executive Assistant will provide a high level of active and independent administrative support within a fast-paced environment to the President, the Vice President for Academic Affairs, and their respective teams.
Position Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide daily administrative support to the President and the Board of Trustees and Executive Leadership Team including drafting and editing correspondence, creating agendas, scheduling meetings, calendaring events, and taking and preparing minutes for distribution.
- Serve as the recording secretary for Committee meetings. Develop committee correspondence; Board Books, minutes, and project manage the execution of these meetings. Attend all board and committee meetings as recording secretary
- Create and prepare high-level correspondence and communication pieces including staff communication, executive and board reports, and presentations.
- Assist with projects related to facility maintenance.
- Submit and rectify expense reports, bills, and invoice processing.
- Manage records and filing systems.
- Manage calendars, schedule meetings and appointments, and assist with the coordination, logistics, catering, and execution of special events.
- Oversee departmental meeting setups, follow-up of meeting materials, and coordinate participation for out-of-town members.
- Coordinate executive travel to include making airline and hotel reservations, arrange ground transportation, prepare itineraries, and assure smooth travel experiences.
- Complete and manage special projects and reports as needed.
- Create and manage Saybrook organizational charts, floor plans, and property lists.
- Manage office supplies and security badges.
- Assist leadership team with the preparation of commencement including working with vendors, Trustees, assist speakers, and other tasks as needed on day of event. Also, assist team members at residential conferences.
- High level of reliability, discernment, and commitment to maintain confidentiality.
- High attention to detail is a must.
- Excellent written communication skills with consistent application of correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar for preparing and proofreading various documents and reports, including drafting, editing, and appropriate processing
- Must have strong interpersonal and outstanding oral communication skills with the ability to multi-task and maintain a high level of productivity, efficiency and professionalism.
- Must be responsive, quick-thinking, collaborative, and possess an innate ability to anticipate and respond to issues.
- Establish priorities, and work in an organized manner with emphasis on detail and accuracy.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments and meet demanding deadlines
- Project management: Ability to work independently without close supervision and as a member of a team.
- Willingness and flexibility to work outside regular business hours including some week nights and weekends.
- Technical and analytical skills: Must possess advanced knowledge/skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Web applications. Preferred ability to utilize Concur & Ariett.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 3-6 years related experience required, at least 3 years’ experience working as an administrative assistant to senior level executives is desired.
Saybrook University offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Saybrook University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.