Senior Programmer I - CRM (Salesforce)
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number 2014714S Position Title Senior Programmer I - CRM (Salesforce) Location District Office Department ITS DIST (DEPT) Position Number TBD Percentage of Full Time 100% FLSA Non-Exempt (accrues overtime) Months per Year 12 If other, please specify Min Salary $97,056 (annual) Max Salary $123,888 (annual) Position Type Administrative/Supervisory Positions Posting Text Who We Are
The San Mateo County Community District is committed to achieving educational equity for all students. As outlined in the District’s Strategic Plan, “success, equity, and social justice for our students are longstanding goals.” The District’s “Students First” Strategic Plan is focused on “Student Success, Equity and Social Justice.” We provide students with a rich and dynamic learning experience that embraces differences — emphasizing collaboration and engaging students in and out of the classroom, encouraging them to realize their goals, and to become global citizens and socially responsible leaders. When you join our team at San Mateo County Community College District, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, classified staff, administration, students and community partners.The College and the District
San Mateo County Community College District is home to Cañada College, College of San Mateo, and Skyline College. All three of our colleges have been designated as Hispanic Serving Institutions. The District enrolls approximately 23,000 students, the majority of whom are from minoritized populations. Of the students within the District, 2.8% are African-American, 0.2% are American Indian, 16.4% are Asian, 10.4% are Filipino, 24.6% are Latinx, 1.6% are Pacific Islander, 24.0% are White, 17.8% Multi-Ethnic, and 2.2% are unknown.Who We Want
We value the ability to serve students from a broad range of cultural heritages, socioeconomic backgrounds, genders, abilities and orientations. Therefore, we prioritize applicants who demonstrate they understand the benefits diversity brings to a professional educational community. The successful candidate will be an equity-minded individual committed to collaborating with faculty, classified staff, administration, students and community partners who are also committed to closing equity gaps. The San Mateo County Community District seeks employees who value mentorship and working in a collegial, collaborative environment, guided by a commitment to helping all students achieve their educational goals.The Position
The Senior Programmer I performs technical work with responsibility as a project leader for application programming and project supervision in the Salesforce platform. The position is responsible for detailed design and implementation of application systems in accordance with specifications provided. The Senior Programmer I interacts with other staff to ensure optimal program performance and efficiency within the Salesforce systems environment. Public contact includes: ITS staff, college and District users and faculty, members of the public and software vendors. A high degree of independent judgment and creativity are required to resolve many minor and major problems when they occur.Duties and Responsibilities
The duties below are representative of the duties of the classification and are not intended to cover all of the duties performed by the incumbent(s) of any particular position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the scope of work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to this classification.
1. Analyze needs and develop solutions using traditional and/or agile development methodologies
2. Design solutions that leverage Salesforce best practices and introduce new technologies when necessary
3. Translate business requirements into solutions that best leverage the Salesforce platform
4. Develop comprehensive configuration designs and architectural documentation to support the successful implementation of projects
5. Identify and recommend salesforce.com based solutions, integration points, and related implementation architecture for business usage improvements, scalability, and performance
6. Integrate Salesforce with other applications using web services and API’s
7. Identify any application/code security issues and recommend solutions to resolve them
8. Integrate and test systems using automation and non-automation methods
9. Strong foundation in version control, configuration management, deployment methodologies, and release management
10. Provide mentoring and technical leadership to other team members
11. Perform other related duties as requiredMinimum Qualifications
• A combination of education and experience equivalent to a Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution in computer science, data processing, or a closely related field
• 3+ years of Salesforce application design and development experience
• 2+ years of Lighting Framework development experience
• Solid understanding of and detailed experience with salesforce.com architecture and API
• Detailed experience writing Visualforce and Apex classes and triggers
• Experience using Salesforce data tools (Data Loader, Excel Connector, DemandTools, Eclipse Force.com IDE)
• Strong understanding of relational databases
• Experience with scripted data loader, web services, cloud or on-premise middleware and other enterprise integrating technologies
• Strong business analysis and functional experience, including requirements gathering, creating/deploying solutions to end users
• Solid knowledge of Object Oriented Design and Programming techniques
• Demonstrated cultural competence, sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staffKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Working knowledge of application development life-cycle
2. Strong communication/interpersonal skills, capable of interacting with multiple levels of IT and business management
3. Salesforce Certifications: Platform Developer
4. Salesforce security and sharing models
5. Salesforce API Development and ConsumptionPhysical Requirements
This classification requires sitting or standing for prolonged periods of time, dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, touch screen and mouse in order to perform the essential functions.Preferred Qualifications Benefits
Benefits include paid holidays, vacation and sick leave. The District pays all or a portion of monthly medical plan premiums (depending on the coverage) and pays all of the monthly dental and vision plan premiums for employees and eligible dependents. Additional paid benefits include life insurance, salary continuance insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program. Classified employees participate in the Public Employees’ Retirement System, a defined-benefit retirement plan through the State of California. Optional tax-deferred 403(b) and 457 retirement plans are also available.Posting Detail Information Open Date 01/28/2019 First Review Date 02/18/2019 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions Summary
Required Application Materials
All applicants are required to submit:
1. A completed online District application form (go to https://jobs.smccd.edu to complete the application and to apply for this position).
2. A resume that details all relevant education, training, and other work experience.
3. A cover letter of no more than 3 pages that addresses the applicant’s cultural competence, sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff as well as the applicant’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements, knowledge, skills, and abilities listed in this announcement.
Candidates for interview will be selected from among those who most closely meet the requirements and knowledge, skills and abilities. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview. As part of the interview process, candidates may be asked to demonstrate job-related knowledge and skills.
For questions related to this posting, please contact:
SMCCCD Office of Human Resources
3401 CSM Drive, San Mateo, CA 94402
Tel.: (650) 574-6555
Web Page: www.smccd.edu/hr
Prior to employment, the selected candidate will be required to complete the following:
1. Submit official transcripts (applies to all faculty or educational administrative positions)
2. Submit verifications of prior employment
3. Satisfactory references
4. Successfully being cleared for employment through the background checking process
5. Present original documents for proof of eligibility to work in the United States
6. Approval of your employment by the SMCCCD Board of Trustees
7. Provide a certificate of Tuberculosis exam for initial employment.
8. Have fingerprints taken by a Live Scan computer (Clearance must be received prior to first day of employment). Please note that the California Education Code requires, in part, that community college districts shall not employ or retain in employment persons in public school service who have been convicted of certain felonies, a misdemeanor drug charge (including alcohol offenses) or misdemeanor moral turpitude (sexual offense) crime. However, consideration may be given to those whose drug convictions occurred more than five years ago. A conviction for other crimes may not necessarily disqualify you from the job for which you may be applying.
The San Mateo County Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks to employ individuals who represent the rich diversity of cultures, language groups, and abilities of its surrounding communities.Accomodations
Applicants who have disabilities may request that special accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process. Accommodation request forms and a copy of the Americans with Disabilities Act applicant procedures are available in the Office of Human Resources.Annual Security Report
San Mateo County Community College District’s (SMCCCD) 2018 Annual Security Report (ASR), required by the Clery Act, includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings owned or controlled by SMCCCD; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from SMCCCD. Our 2018 Annual Security Report also outlines various campus safety and security policies, such as those concerning crime reporting, prevention and response to sexual and gender violence, alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, emergency response and evacuation procedures, and other matters. The 2018 Annual Security Report is now available. The Annual Security Report also includes important tips to help every member of the community remain safe and avoid becoming a victim of crime. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting the Department of Public Safety at the District Office or any of the three Campuses (650) 738-7000.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- District Employee
- District Employment Site
- CCC Registry
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Facebook or Twitter
- * Do you possess a combination of education and experience equivalent to a Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution in computer science, data processing, or a closely related field?
- * Can you demonstrate 3+ years of Salesforce application design and development experience?
- * Can you demonstrate 2+ years of Lighting Framework development experience?
- * Can you demonstrate detailed experience writing Visualforce and Apex classes and triggers?
- * Do you have experience using Salesforce data tools (Data Loader, Excel Connector, DemandTools, Eclipse Force.com IDE) and with scripted data loader, web services, cloud or on-premise middleware and other enterprise integrating technologies?
- * Can you demonstrate strong business analysis and functional experience, including requirements gathering and creating/deploying solutions to end users?
- * Can you demonstrate knowledge of Object Oriented Design and Programming techniques?
- * Can you demonstrate cultural competence, a sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff?
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document 1
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3