Dean of Student Services and Special Projects
- Coordinate and supervise the counseling and student support programs, services and staff in collaboration with the Office of Vice President of Student Services.
- Work closely with program leaders to evaluate student needs, external requirements and regulations, and current trends to develop program modifications and improvement.
- Monitor effectiveness of counseling and student support programs.
- Interpret county, state, and federal policy and legislation governing the administration and regulations of student support services.
- Coordinate program elements and services with regulatory and other external agencies.
- Manage, direct, assign, and evaluate the work of faculty, advisors, classified supervisors and other support staff in the areas of responsibility, which include: TRIO, Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS), Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE), Disabled Student Programs and Services (DSPS), CalWORKs, Matriculation, Special Projects and Transfer Center.
- Prepare budget estimates; administer and monitor approved budgets.
- Provide a comprehensive counseling program, including program development and articulation with feeder schools, transfer institutions, student advisement, placement, career planning, and registration.
- Ensures continuous quality improvement in student services programs and services by analyzing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Provides guidance at the campus level for other student services to ensure strong, reliable, and high quality services.
- Provides leadership and collaborates and assists with instruction, campus operations, and other campus services to provide integrated and aligned, quality campus services.
- Collaborates with instructional deans, faculty, and academic support staff to improve student retention.
- Directs college leadership in strategic and organizational planning processes to increase college completion, graduation, and or transfer.
- Regularly schedule and chair faculty and staff meetings and special meetings as needed; serve on regular and special committees as assigned by the Vice President of Student Services; represent the division concerns and needs to the Vice President of Student Services; participate in the Student Services Council; and work effectively and collaboratively with Instruction.
- Ensure development of policies and procedures relating to counseling programs and services.
- Maintain liaison with the Research Office and Information Technology in the areas of assessment, student evaluation, institutional research and evaluation.
- Develop annual goals and objectives for planning and evaluation purposes and operational efficiency.
- Provide training to employees, as appropriate, in work procedures, standards and safety practices.
- Resolve conflicts and facilitate consensus decision-making.
- Compile and report information related to the division's programs to include Program Review, progress indicators, Service Area and Student Learning Outcomes and special projects.
- Recommend staffing and equipment needs for the program areas, anticipate future needs, assist with acquisition and management of grants and program fund applications, and ensure compliance with requirements.
- Administrate outreach, recruitment, and retention efforts.
- Responsible for the selection, supervision, development and evaluation of faculty, management and support staff assigned to the area.
- Understand information technology and support the fundamental changes that are emerging with expanded use of technologies in the educational environment.
- Evaluate and support faculty and staff recommendations for program improvements and/or new program efforts.
- Lead, model, and guide to ensure good customer service is provided by all staff members.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with local schools, colleges and universities as related to areas of responsibility, and represent the division and the college in community related activities as assigned.
- Support learning centered instructional methodology.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Possession of a related master's degree and one year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrator's assignment.
IMPORTANT: To be considered for the position applying for, applicants must submit the required items by the deadline, which include: online IVC application, current resume, and ALL unofficial transcripts (transcripts must show degree was awarded or conferred with a completion date). All attachments will be uploaded into the online application. Applications which do not include all of the required materials will not be forwarded to the screening committee for consideration. Materials submitted become property of the District and will not be returned, copied, or considered for other openings.
Imperial Valley College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, or covered veteran status.