Part-time/Casual Building Inspector
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Title Part-time/Casual Building Inspector Department Department of Public Safety Position Summary
Gettysburg College is seeking a part-time/casual Building Inspector to work for the Department of Public Safety. This position will work during Monday thru Friday, average 24hrs per two weeks.
The starting pay will be $12.50 per hour. Position performs a variety of campus emergency preparedness functions to include data management of emergency response software, emergency response team resource support. Fire and life safety activities including, but not limited to: emergency medical calls, fire alarm system alarms, checks, testing, and service; fire extinguisher monthly checks, yearly hydro-testing, and service; building inspections; fire safety and prevention programs; fire drills; sprinkler testing; and other life safety issues.
A high school education or equivalent is required with prior experience in fire suppression, prevention, alarm systems, electrical and mechanical skills preferred. Certification in the use of Automatic Defibrillators (AED), Emergency Medical Technician or first responder, CPR also preferred, however, not required at time of employment. Must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license.Special Instructions to Applicants
Position will remain open until filled.Posting Number 20100064C EEO Statement
Gettysburg College, an equal opportunity employer, complies with all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and admission. The College prohibits discrimination and harassment, and provides equal opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital/familial status, possession of a General Education Development Certificate (GED) as compared to a high school diploma, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, age, or genetic information in all aspects of employment, educational programs, activities, and admissions. Pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Gettysburg College prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- CASE (Council for Advancement & Support of Education)
- Consortium for Faculty Diversity
- Frederick News Post – Local Newspaper
- Gettysburg College Digest
- Gettysburg College Website
- Gettysburg Times – Local Newspaper
- Hanover Evening Sun – Local Newspaper
- LGBT in Higher Ed Website
- Merchandiser – Local Newspaper
- Monster Jobs (monster.com)
- Patriot News – Local Newspaper
- Referral from Gettysburg College staff, faculty, friend or family member
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Women in Higher Ed Website
- Other Website or Listserv (Please note specific website or listserv below)
- Other Source (Please note other specific source below)
- If you noted "Other website or Listserv" or "Other source" above, please let us know specifically where you heard about this employment vacancy.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter