Systems Support Engineer II
DescriptionJob Purpose: Responsible for intermediate level design, integration, implementation and modification of assigned user information systems. This includes coordination of the installation, testing, operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of those systems. Provide functional and technical expertise in support of user systems operation and maintenance. May include support of labs, training facilities and general IT office software and hardware.Major Responsibilities:
- Conduct needs analysis, planning and scheduling the installation of new or modified hardware/software.
- Develop functional and technical IT system requirements and specifications.
- Provide technical support through allocating systems resources, managing accounts, administering passwords, documentation, security, recoverability and access including deploying security and operating system patches.
- Monitor and reports on system performance.
- Support internal departmental servers.
- Maintain hardware and software inventories including developing and updating departmental distributed software license management policy.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Two to four years job related experience.
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires working knowledge of advanced concepts, practices and procedures associated with IT systems design, installation and maintenance.
- Preferred Education: N/A
- Preferred Work Experience: N/A
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills: skills include Back End Web Development in a LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP). Linux server administration and automation skills (BASH scripting, etc.), Database creation and management skills (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, etc.), Web server technologies (J2EE, Apache, Nginx, Websockets), Container technology (Docker), API integration to third party data sources, ability to work with Graphic Designers and Front End Web Developers. The ability and interest in dissecting and learning new technologies as they emerge and integrate with Digital Signage is also preferred.
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: Georgia-Atlanta
Organization: Digital Signage Technology
Job Posting: Jan 24, 2019, 4:14:53 PM