Systems Support Engineer Sr
DescriptionJob Purpose: Responsible for advanced level design, integration, implementation and modification of a wide variety of user information systems usually within a highly complex environment. This includes coordination of the installation, testing, operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of those systems. Provide functional and technical expertise in support of user systems operation and maintenance. May include support of labs, training facilities and general IT office software and hardware. Provides technical advice and leadership to lower level technical staff.Major Responsibilities:
- Conduct needs analysis, planning and scheduling the installation of a wide variety of new or modified hardware/software.
- Develop functional and technical IT system requirements and specifications.
- Provide technical support through allocating systems resources, managing accounts, administering passwords, documentation, security, recoverability and access including deploying security and operating system patches.
- Monitor and reports on system performance.
- Support internal departmental servers.
- Maintain hardware and software inventories including developing and updating departmental distributed software license management policy.
- Makes technical presentations to other technical personnel and user department administrators.
- May lead project technical team; provide technical advice to lower level technical staff.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Four to six years job related experience.
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires advanced knowledge of complex concepts, practices and procedures associated with IT systems design, installation and maintenance. Expert knowledge in variety of applications and platforms is required.
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: Georgia-Atlanta
Organization: Office of (OIT) Information Technology
Job Posting: Jan 31, 2019, 2:37:17 PM