Enterprise Applications Developer (Telework)
This position is responsible for maintaining database security and updates and aiding for technology issues. The position is available for telework schedule.
- Fields incoming Helpdesk service tickets to resolve security, application, and software issues; documents all pertinent end user identification information.
- Creates or modifies end user administrative accounts.
- Works with managers to maintain appropriate security access for both the Banner Student Information System (SIS) and the PeopleSoft Financials System.
- Creates new and runs existing reports and batch processes using data in the Banner SIS at the request of administrative end users; provides audits or security reports as requested.
- Designs, runs, and tests local scripts or programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging; communicates analysis of testing and delivers results and solutions.
- Performs post-resolution follow-ups of "fixes" to ensure problems have been adequately resolved and that software perform as expected.
- Develops and maintains user manuals and guidelines.
- Communicates vendor-supplied application development, enhancements, beta tests, upgrades, training, and problems related to Banner and PeopleSoft systems to University stakeholders.
- Records and tracks the problem-solving process for Helpdesk tickets, including all successful and unsuccessful actions taken through to final resolution.
- Provides updates in reports for Office of Information Technology management or team members on the status of any project or upgrades.
- Maintains and enhances performance levels of the Banner SIS and PeopleSoft Financials System across the organization.
- Develops database applications or procedures when necessary, using Oracle database objects.
- Creates and maintains "administrative users intranets" to deliver information about administrative applications that will assists in problems resolution and provide a central location for multiple external support resources.
- Performs hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software and hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Performs preventative maintenance, including the installation of service packs, patches, hot fixes, and anti-virus software on computer and servers.
- Provides support for the testing of software applications under consideration for purchase and renewal by various University departments, which includes researching the software application, preliminary contact with vendor's technical teams, and integration potentials.
- Coordinates with administrative offices to assess training needs and desired objectives of applications in use.
- Participates in design, development, and delivery of training programs and individualized classes for administrative software applications in use.
- Maintains Helpdesk system including auto-delivered feedback mechanism for end users to rate support.
- Works with Board of Regent to assess and cultivate long-term strategic goals for database development.
- Works with Office of Information Technology Services to provide information for planning and implementing capacity and resource expansion to ensure scalability of FVSU databases.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Knowledge of database operations and constructs; including computers, servers, and associated operating systems along with software applications used.
- Skill in oral and written communications.
- Skill in time and project management.
- Skill in analysis and problem-solving.
- Skill in customer service.
The CIO of Information Technology Services assigns work in terms of department goals and objectives. The work is reviewed through conferences, reports, and observation of department activities.
Guidelines include Board of Regents policies and procedures, ITS policy and procedures for information and security, ITS Service Level Guidelines, Banner Student System Consolidation Project IT Security Plan, FVSU IT Service Level Guidelines, FVSU Authorization Identity Authentication Policy for Administrative Applications, FVSU Account Management Policy, FVSU Data Protection Policy, FVSU Banner Standard Operating Procedures, FVSU PeopleSoft Standard Operation Procedures, and the FVSU Employee handbook. These guidelines require judgment, selection, and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
- The work consists of varied database management duties. Constant developments in software and hardware contribute to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to effectively handle all Banner and PeopleSoft tasks and answer service tickets. Success in this position helps ensure all users are able to receive assistance for technology problems.
- Contacts are typically with Registrar & Registrar's Office staff, Director of Admissions & Admissions Office staff, Director of Financial Aid & Financial Aid Office staff, Director of Housing & Housing Office staff, Director of Student Accounts, Head Cashier & Cashier's Office staff, Vice President for Business and Finance & Business and Finance staff, Vice President for Academic Affairs & Academic Affairs staff, Director for Institutional Research & Institutional Research staff, Director of Campus Police & Campus Police staff, Information Security Officer, Network Administrator, PC support, server systems support, and database developer groups.
- Contacts are typically to give or exchange information; to provide services; and to resolve problems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table. The employee occasionally lifts light objects and uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity.
- The work is typically performed in an office, library, or computer room.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
This position has no direct reports but may supervise student workers and/or interns.
- Baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field required.
- More than three years of related experienced required.
- Experience with PeopleSoft.
- Experience with Banner.
- Higher Education Experience
- Six years or more of related experienced required.