Associate Director - Student Aid & Financial Literacy
Associate Director - Student Aid & Financial Literacy
Student Aid & Financial Literacy
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Process financial aid applications for all entering and renewal applicants; assess eligibility for financial aid; assist in administrating federal, state and institutional aid to students and families; maintain communications with other departments on and off campus; participate in professional organizations and counsel students and families.
- Serve as liaison and contact person for providing data to all internal and external survey partners.
- Responsible for managing all federal, state, institutional, and private financial aid surveys by running reports, submitting results and communicating information to Director (i.e. FISAP, US News & World Report, Common Data Set, etc…).
- Responsible for creating year-end reports for all awarded federal, state, institutional and private financial aid funds during fiscal year.
- Advise students and parents, as well as on/off campus constituencies about financial aid opportunities, procedures, college policies and eligibility requirements for aid. Must have the ability to interact with students and parents calmly and graciously under difficult, interpersonal situations and be capable of explaining complex and confusing regulations to students and parents.
- Analyze, evaluate and verify confidential information on student's application material for the purpose of determining levels and sources of assistance for prospective and current WPI students. Base decisions upon WPI, federal and state policies governing aid distribution.
- Manage and administer the Federal SEOG Program including the awarding, tracking, fund allocation and year end reconciliation and reporting.
- Collaborate with Admissions Office on financial aid awards to incoming, first year students.
- Interaction with Bursar's Office and Financial Services Office to assist in reconciling students' charges and credits.
- Responsible for overseeing the communication process for the FYS Mailing, year-end SAP process.
- Assist Director in identifying and examining the efficiency of both procedural and processing issues as they relate to the mission of the office.
- Resolve unofficial records, C flags, and error messages for all FAFSA records throughout the academic year.
- Manage and oversee the reconciliation process of office funds by running and disseminating reports to awarding directors on a monthly and year end basis.
- Manage the reporting and reconciliation process of funds management throughout the year including by not limited to, under enrolled reports, negative federal methodology reports, non-returnee reports, SAP awarding, year-end reconciliation, FISAP reporting, citizenship discrepancies, etc.
- Manage the process of periodic reporting of enrollment changes for students (graduating students, reduced course load, non-returnees, etc.) and adjusting aid funds.
- Work closely with Associate Director of Compliance and Training to provide updated report as it pertains to compliance and training issues within the office and financial aid programs.
- Work closely with Information Analysis of current financial aid management systemupgrade testing and troubleshooting.
- Process aid adjustments for non-returnees, reduced course loads and students with enrollment changes throughout the academic year.
- Assist office with taking on additional work on a temporary basis during times of staff shortages.
- Assist office with search process for new staff hires (i.e. applicant review, interviews, and evaluation of candidates).
- Assist office with training with new team member hires.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively and positively with a diverse population both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use sound judgment when communication with students, parents, colleagues and external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Possess a comfort level with software applications and ability to quickly adapt to new technologies.
- Exhibits ability and willingness to contribute to an enthusiastic, positive work environment.
- As appropriate, demonstrate ability to mentor/train more junior staff.
- Experience is strongly preferred. Management of student assistance awards and familiarity with financial aid computer software systems preferably SCT Banner System and/or PowerFAIDS.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Applications.
- Workday experience is preferred.
- Must be able and willing to work overtime during peak times, especially during the file review periods.
- Willing to work at WPI events during non-business hours.
- Hours of work: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday. Position is an exempt staff position which requires a minimum of 40 hours per week.
SOFT SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Sense of humor
- Positive attitude
- Sensitivity towards others
- Responsive and responsible
- Excellent communicator
- Team builder
- Ability to receive constructive feedback
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Associate-Director_R0000222-1
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency