Posting DetailsPosition Information Position Title Bursar Teller Requisition Number SCL00210 General Description
Serving as the front office representative for the College’s Bursar’s Office, this position assists students with financial transactions related to their student account. Responsibilities include daily processing and posting of payments, while providing quality customer service to students, staff and faculty. This position will require scheduling flexibility and may require overtime during peak periods. Candidates must be available for the following shifts: 10:45 AM – 8:00 PM Monday – Thursday, Saturday 8:45 AM – 1:15 PM; and 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM Monday – Friday.
TESTING FOR THIS POSITION:
Customer Service Mindset Survey TestSpecific Responsibilities
• Assist students with financial transactions related to their student account.
• Record and post payments, charges, and other transactions utilizing Banner student information system by Ellucian.
• Disburse and reconcile petty cash transactions.
• Adhere to internal policies and control procedures as they relate to the Bursar’s Office including: maintaining safekeeping of cash drawers, deposits, and other monetary instruments; reconciling deposit totals to batch summary report and finalizing documentation in preparation for bank deposit; and maintaining various control logs, verifying input, and maintaining computerized reports.
• Secure and release bank deposits to armored carrier.
• Interact with students, staff, faculty, and others in a professional and courteous manner.
• Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with the mission, goals, and core values of the College.
• Maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
• Perform other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
• Two (2) years cash handling experience in a computerized environment required.
• Previous customer service experience required.
• Ability to collect proper payment, give correct change and process payments in a manner that ensures accuracy required.
• Ability to comply with internal control procedures as they relate to the handling of cash required.
• Ability to interact with a Student Accounting system required.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds required.Preferred Qualifications
• Associate’s degree in Accounting or Business related field preferred.
• Previous work experience with Banner preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.Work Location Main Campus Benefits Special Instructions to Applicants
TESTING FOR THIS POSITION:
Customer Service Mindset Survey Test
- Interested persons should complete an online application.
- Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
- Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on February 13, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or Rank IV Salary Range $13.92 - 19.41 Job Posting Open Date 01/18/2019 Job Posting Close Date Type of Position Classified Job Category Employment Status Full-Time Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle
- Veterans Job Fair
- Professional & Technology Diversity Career Fair
- AL DIA - Diversity Career Fair
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No Response
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * Do you have two (2) years cash handling experience in a computerized environment?
- * Do you have previous customer service experience?
- * Do you have previous experience using the Banner by Ellucian system?
- * Are you proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application