Senior Associate Director of Advancement – International Initiatives
Position InformationPosition Information Present Position Number FP765W Role Code Title Prof/Lecturer/11-12Mth Position Title Senior Associate Director of Advancement – International Initiatives Position Summary
The Senior Associate Director of Advancement, International Initiatives, reports to the Executive Director of Regional & International Advancement and collaborates extensively with university leadership, faculty across campus, and advancement colleagues, as appropriate. This position works closely with leadership, staff and faculty at the Reves Center for International Studies and W&M’s Global Research Institute around the International Initiatives campaign goal. The 15+-member Regional & International Advancement Team is part of the greater 170-member University Advancement office at William & Mary.
The Senior Associate Director will implement donor-centric advancement strategies designed to engage major gift prospects in the US, some of whom have multiple philanthropic interests at William & Mary, in support of the International Initiatives campaign. This position will take a lead role in researching, planning and implementing engagement and fundraising campaign activities for the Reves Center and Global Research Institute, and will provide strategic input into the development of the overall W&M campaign, For the Bold, International Initiatives and Global Research Institute’s 10-Year Anniversary campaign strategies on an on-going basis. The Senior Associate Director will also serve as the lead Advancement representative for the Reves International Advisory Board, as well as its Development & Finance Committee, and will coordinate all fundraising and donor engagement activities of the Board.
Senior Associate Director will lead the development of a robust major gift portfolio, managing 125-150 US-based prospects, with one-on-one cultivation activities and solicitations of gifts on behalf of W&M, the Reves Center and the Global Research Institute.Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Demonstrates strong writing skills and the ability to draft compelling proposals.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple relationships and tasks concurrently with fluidity.
- Experience soliciting/closing major gifts in a higher education or non-profit setting. Equivalent experience in sales or a related field will be considered.
- Advanced degree (preferably a Master’s degree in international relations, business or other related field).
- Familiarity with CRM databases.
- Strong working knowledge of and/or experience in global affairs.
- Substantive and progressively responsible knowledge and experience in academic fundraising or a related field.
U12 Job Open Date 01/29/2019 Review Begin Date 03/04/2019 Job Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Employment Category Professional FT Position Term 12-Month Special Application Instructions Conditions of Employment:
- This position requires additional hours beyond the typical work week, to include evenings and weekends as needed.
- Must have the ability to travel extensively
The College of William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Background Check Statement
The College of William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.Supplemental Question
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Other Doc
- Other 2