Assistant Professor of Teacher Education
Requisition Number FAC - 201000000298
Job Title Assistant Professor of Teacher Education
The School of Education invites applications for a tenure track faculty appointment at the Assistant Professor rank to begin Fall 2019. This is a full-time position with a nine-month academic year appointment.
The position is for applications with expertise in Education, including Curriculum and Instruction. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: teaching day, evening, online, and hybrid courses, conducting and publishing scholarly research, and providing service to the School of Education and to the University. Preference will be given to individuals with teaching experience (EC-12). Teaching experience at the college level and experience working with diverse students, schools, and families are also highly valued.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
- Doctorate in Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Leadership, or Education (or completed by August 2019)
- Ability to teach a variety of graduate and undergraduate courses in Education, including Curriculum and Instruction
- Ability to teach 1-2 evening courses (varies by semester)
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Experience working with EC-12 (teaching experience, professional development, administration, instructional coaching, etc.) in typical school settings or alternative school settings (e.g., early childhood settings, residential, juvenile justice).
- Experience teaching in higher education
- Publication record and/or ongoing research.
- Ability to teach a variety of graduate and undergraduate courses in Education possibly including Early Childhood, Foundations of Education, Methods courses, Multicultural courses, Reading courses, etc.
- Experience working with students from diverse and/or underprivileged backgrounds.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work requires some muscular exertion and/or physical strain such as standing for long periods of time, recurring bending, or recurring lifting of items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
As required to meet the academic schedule.
Substitution of Experience/Education No
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
To apply, please submit the materials listed below:
- A letter of interest that addresses your experiences in relation to each of the required and preferred qualifications
- A curriculum vitae that includes all degrees and certifications, all professional experience, a list of courses taught, and a list of publications.
- Unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- List of the names, telephone numbers, addresses, and email addresses of three references.
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a Doctorate in Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Leadership, or Education (or completed by August 2019)?
- Cover Letter
- Undergraduate Transcript
- Curriculum Vitae
- Graduate transcript