Degree Audit/Course Scheduling Assistant-Hourly
Requisition Number STA - 201000000703
Job Title Degree Audit/Course Scheduling Assistant-Hourly
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Degree Audit/Course Scheduling Assistant.
The University - the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city - seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university. Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families and communities by providing high-quality, student-focused education in preparation for tomorrow's careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach and the community is inspired to support. For more information about the university, go to: http://untdallas.edu/
This is a temporary, part-time position.
The Degree Audit/ Course Scheduling Assistant is responsible for entering approved exceptions into the PeopleSoft Academic Advisement module so that accurate degree audits can be reviewed by advisors, students, and staff. This position also is responsible for continual assistance with course and classroom scheduling for each semester.
• Process approved exceptions into Academic Advisement module
• Review exceptions to determine most efficient method of programming based on system options
• Enter exception information into the Academic Advisement module based on specific degree requirement and student's
• Enter information into the Academic Advisement module regarding group exceptions for all applicable students as needed
• Confer with Registrar staff regarding issues on information on exception form or exact degree requirement to be processed
• Run student degree audit to confirm processed exceptions as needed
• Document, organize, and file processed exceptions by imaging, scanning, or other methods
• Assist with the processing of upcoming course schedules and the assigning of rooms for classes.
• Attend Registrar staff meetings as required
• Perform other assignments as needed
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• High school diploma and some college hours
• Exemplary computer and data entry skills
• Ability to operate office machinery (printer, copier, and scanner)
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to communicate effectively in both spoken and written English
• Attention to detail
• Time management skills
• Strong work ethic
• Associate or higher-level degree
• Knowledge of PeopleSoft student information system
• Knowledge of degree audit processing and related procedures
• Knowledge of university catalog degree requirements and policies
• Knowledge of course and classroom scheduling practices
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Driving University Vehicle? No
Monday through Friday, not to exceed 19 hours per week.
Substitution of Experience/Education Yes
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter