Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Mathematics & Science
2/27/2019 11:59 PM Pacific
This is a full-time, classified bargaining unit position. Under general supervision, the Research Analyst performs the statistical and analytical work associated with the collection, review, and distribution of information.
• Reviews levels of student preparation; supports faculty efforts to identify levels of knowledge, skill, and ability to be expected from students at various course levels.
• Works collaboratively with instructional, Student Services, and administrative programs to design and conduct learning outcomes assessment; presents assessment options to programs and assists programs in reporting and integrating learning outcomes assessment findings.
• Develop research for evaluation of instructional and student support programs and services.
• Develop and maintain project databases for analysis of program patterns and trends.
• Develop and maintain a collection of data and reports to support district research activity.
• Provide research support and technical assistance related to instructional and student services.
• Prepare written reports with accompanying tabular, graphic, and statistical contents; descriptions of analytical methods used; and narrative of results and conclusions.
• Conduct statistical, demographic, and empirical studies for the district's programs and services.
• Design and participate in studies to evaluate the effectiveness of the implementation of various program research.
• Reviews levels of student preparation; supports faculty efforts to identify levels of knowledge, skill, and ability to be expected from students are various course levels.
• Works collaboratively with instructional, Student Services, and administrative programs to design and conduct learning outcomes assessment; present assessment options to programs and assists programs in reporting and integrating learning outcomes assessment findings.
• Attend research-related meetings, workshops, and conferences as appropriate.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution with an educational background in social behavioral sciences, statistics, or related field (preferably with emphasis on organizational or educational research).
• Knowledge of research and design including standard statistical procedures related to sampling, correlation analysis, projections, instrument design, and qualitative measures applied to educational and social research.
• One (1) year's experience in applying practical statistical and research methods.
• One (1) year's experience working in a postsecondary education environment including direct contact with faculty, students, and administrative staff.
• Demonstrated ability in using standard statistical software packages.
• Clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
• Master's Degree from an accredited institution with educational background in social behavioral sciences, statistics, or related field.
• Work as a team member on projects related to postsecondary education planning, institutional research/evaluation and grant/proposal development.
Working hours: Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 4:30pm . Hours may vary according to the assignment.
Chaffey College recently implemented an online electronic application system. Our new application can be accessed at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chaffey. The application must be completely filled out in detail and clearly show that you meet the qualifications as set forth in the announcement, and you must upload the following documents:
Please do not include any additional documents; only the documents that are indicated below. If you upload documents that are not required, your application may be disqualified.
• Cover Letter
• Copy of college level transcripts (photocopies or computer printouts are acceptable. Copies of diplomas/degrees are NOT acceptable in lieu of transcripts.)
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a full-time, 12-month, classified bargaining unit position. Starting date: as soon as possible. Range 33 of the CSEA Salary Schedule, with a starting salary of Step A,
$5,791. Excellent benefits package.
To Apply, visit:
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency