Financial Aid Counselor
Financial Aid Counselor
Comparable salary with great benefits package
Full Benefits Package
February 6, 2019
March 6, 2019
Understanding the financial aid process can be overwhelming for both the student and parents. Saint Augustine’s University is looking for an individual to help our potential and existing families navigate through the process. If you enjoy working with families and serving in a customer service and care role, please consider applying for this position. We would love for you to be a part of our Falcon family. Come soar with us!
- Coordinate and execute the processing of federal and private student loan and state grant programs. Award and process financial aid to eligible students.
- Keep up to date with changing regulations; interface with lending partners; assist with default aversion activities and assist in development of policies, procedures and forms.
- Award financial aid and complete financial aid verification. Determine eligibility and processing of student loan applications. Assist with reviewing of ISIRs and awarding of financial aid.
- Assist the Financial Aid Director with the origination, disbursement and reconciliation of all student loans.
- Assist with default management activities through verification of entrance and exit loan counseling sessions and documenting completion of master promissory notes and loan counseling.
- Serve as a liaison with external agencies in processing of student loans.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with representatives from the lending community regarding loan process including assistant resolution of loan problems.
- Assist in the evaluation of aid eligibility and awarding of aid. Advise students and families regarding all aspects of student financial aid programs and delivery system.
- Conduct financial aid workshops for current and prospective students on campus and in the community.
- Serves as a campus Security Authority for the Clery Act. Must report all crimes.
- Preforms other job-related duties as assigned in support of the University’s goals and core values.
Bachelor’s degree. Minimum two-years of experience in financial aid administration. Completion of FSA Coach, Beginner and & Intermediate modules with first 90 days of employment. Upon completing of certification, present to Financial Aid Director.
Ability to interpret rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Effective interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written and communication skills. Strong computer and automation skills and the ability to relate to diverse populations. Ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously. Ability to work independently, troubleshoot and problem solve.
Position requires walking and able to lift 25 pounds.
Send Resume to:
Saint Augustine’s University
Office of Human Resources
1315 Oakwood Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27610-2298
Email: [email protected]
Notices and Disclaimers
Saint Augustine’s University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We invite applications from individuals of all ethnic origins, disabled persons, and veterans.
No Phone Calls Please.