Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management & Student Affairs
The University of Alaska Southeast (UAS), part of the University of Alaska statewide system, invites applications for the position of Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management and Student Affairs. The Vice-Chancellor reports to the Chancellor and is a key member of the university’s executive leadership team. The Vice Chancellor oversees the development and implementation of marketing, recruitment, retention, and completion initiatives that support the university’s mission of student learning and success. Responsibilities include working collaboratively to implement and assess the university’s Strategic Enrollment Plan across three campuses, to promote institution-wide retention and completion initiatives, and to ensure quality and continuous improvement in student advising and support services, financial aid, housing, food services, and residence life. The Vice Chancellor represents the university in system-wide initiatives focusing on student services and engages regularly with community stakeholders sharing the goal of providing high quality and affordable higher education. The Vice Chancellor will be expected to serve as an advocate for maintaining a culture of respect, equity, and inclusion on UAS campuses, with a particular focus on non-traditional and first-generation students, and those from diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds. Experience working with diverse student populations preferred. UAS encourages applications from candidates who are particularly interested in creating more efficient processes and practices to further support student success across Southeast Alaska. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
DUTIES: please see full posting at URL provided.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree in a related field.
- Minimum of eight years of progressively responsible experience in higher education settings with a focus on enrollment management and student affairs.
- Experience in developing, implementing, and assessing strategic marketing, enrollment, retention, and completion programs, based upon recognized best-practices.
- Experience in budget and human resources management, serving as a collaborative leader in a complex organization, and in interpreting and applying university, state, and federal policy and regulation in a higher education setting.
Preferred Education & Experience
- Ph.D. in a relevant field.
- Knowledge and experience working with minority and non-traditional students, and particularly with Alaska Native students.
- Expert knowledge of best practices in enrollment management and student affairs.
- Strong management, budget, planning, and data analysis skills.
- Proven professional experience in being a team leader working collaboratively to establish performance goals and targets, create and manage budgets and human resources, and implement strategic plans and initiatives based on analysis of institutional data.
- Skill and experience in effective communication and collaboration with diverse populations and stakeholders, including those both internal and external to the university.
- Skill and experience in developing and implementing programs supporting the success of non-traditional and first-generation college students and those with diverse cultural or ethnic backgrounds.
- Familiarity and experience working with institutional and web-based technologies and predictive analytic tools that support effective enrollment management.
This is an Executive, full time, 12-month, permanent position complete with a competitive salary and full employee benefits package. All applications need to include a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references. For assistance with the online application, or to submit a request for ADA accommodation, please contact the UAS HR Office, 907-796-6263. This position will remain open until filled, with initial applicant screening taking place on March 4th, 2019.
A complete application will include a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references. Contact [email protected], or phone (907) 796-6263 for technical support, additional questions, or to request ADA accommodation when completing your application.
UAS is a small public university comprised of three campuses located in beautiful Southeast Alaska. The position is located in Juneau, Alaska’s capital city, which has a population of 30,000 and offers rich outdoor and cultural opportunities. Southeast Alaska is the ancestral home of the Tlingit, Haida, and Tsimshian peoples, whose cultures, arts, and languages increasingly enrich students’ university experiences. UAS has a diverse mission focusing on student learning and success, with programs that extend from career and technical education to baccalaureate and master’s degrees. Larger programs include those in business and public administration, natural sciences (biology, marine biology, fisheries), liberal arts, and teacher education.
As a public, regional, comprehensive university, UAS is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive organization and strongly encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply. All interested persons should apply online.