Senior Web Application Developer
Senior Web Application Developer
Center for Human ID - 304600
About the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs):
On any given day, there are between 80,000 and 90,000 active missing person cases on file with law enforcement agencies across the United States, and over 11,000 active unidentified decedent cases, many of which have remained unsolved for decades. The sheer volume of missing and unidentified person cases poses one of the greatest challenges to law enforcement, medical examiners, and coroners across the country. Most of these cases can only be solved through collaboration, communication, and connection to critical forensic and analytical resources. NamUs fills this need by bringing people, information, forensic science, and technology together to help resolve missing and unidentified person cases across the United States.
For more information about NamUs, please visit www.NamUs.gov
About NamUs at the UNT Health Science Center:
NamUs is a grant-funded program of the National Institute of Justice (NIJ). Since 2011, NamUs has been administered by the UNT Health Science Center (UNTHSC) through a cooperative agreement with the NIJ.
UNTHSC is a values-based organization, committed to serving others first. For more information on our organizational values, please visit https://www.unthsc.edu/values/
The Center for Human Identification Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Senior Web App Developer to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Design and develop web services and applications using C# .Net.
* Work closely with product management and other developers to understand requirements and implement product features.
* Take features from concept to release through all phases of development including functional specifications, design, implementation, unit testing, system testing, performance testing, scalability testing and production support.
* Develop integrated front-end and back-end application components.
* Participate in requirements analysis and collaborate with internal teams to enhance and improve software design and architecture.
* Review code from peers and provided feedback.
* Test and deploy applications and systems.
* Revise, update, refactor and debug code.
* Upgrade, configure and debug existing systems.
* Serve as an expert on applications and provide technical support.
* Explore new technologies and incorporate them into current application development.
* Must be able to work on-site in Fort Worth at least 3 days a week.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's degree and five (5) years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be a U.S. citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a US Public Trust clearance.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* At least 5+years software development experience in .NET web framework.
* Proficient in API Development, Asp.Net, and C#
* Previous integration experience with JSON(P) and restful based services.
* Strong command of web standards, CSS-based design, cross-browser/ device compatibility.
* Expertise with the ASP.NET framework, SQL Server and design/architectural patterns (e.g. Model-View-Controller (MVC).
* Experience with AWS.
* Experience with Atlassian tools, JIRA, GIT.
* .Net MVC
* .Net WebApi
* Entity Framework
* Windows, IIS
* Angular JS, Angular
* TFS VC
* MS SQL Server expertise
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
The selected applicant will be required to obtain an Office of Justice Programs (OJP) Public Trust security clearance upon hire due to the criminal justice sensitive data contained in NamUs. A Public Trust clearance includes, but is not limited to, an FBI National Criminal History Fingerprint check, a National Credit Bureau Search, citizenship verification, and residence verification for the previous 5-7 years.
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Senior Web App Developer
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled