Assistant Director of Technical Services and Systems Librarian
The Livermore Library of the University of North Carolina at Pembroke is opening a search for an Assistant Director of Technical Service and Systems Librarian (12-month, faculty, tenure track position). We are seeking a highly motivated individual to help lead the technological advancement of the library.
Reporting to the Director of Technical Services, and working closely with other library directors, this position provides technical expertise, day-to-day administration, and broad support for traditional and emerging library solutions and standards. Additionally, this person serves as the chief liaison for the library to the university's IT department (DoIt). This person will use a variety of technologies and must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, to provide the best possible experience for students, faculty, and staff as they seek, access to library resources. The successful candidate will oversee Livermore Library's ExLibris platforms that include Alma, Primo and Leganto while serving as the main liaison to all library system vendors.
This position also has primary responsibility for the library portion of the university's web page and will liaison with the university's web developer's office.
They will work with the Library staff and DoIt, and vendor technical support to manage other platforms and servers such as the Library's web and file servers, staff applications, and selection, installation, and maintenance of hardware and software. They will also provide research and input on new systems or technology systems to enhance current operations and service as well as keep the library focused on future innovations,. collaborating as necessary with other system schools in cooperative technology efforts between libraries.
This individual will also work at other related tasks as assigned by the Director and/or Dean.
Miniimum Training and Experience Requirements:
ALA-accredited Master's Degree.
• A Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) or an equivalent degree.
• Effective communication, interpersonal, organization, analytical, and problem solving skills with an ability to work with a widely diverse group of people.
• Experience working with an Ex Libris based ILS platform and environment.
Management Preferences: • Two years' experience supporting an ExLibris based integrated library system, platforms, and software in an academic library setting is preferred.
• Certification in ExLibris' Alma/Primo /Legato platform, or willingness to become certified within first year of employment.
• Experience in supporting library specific systems, (OCLC Connexion, ILLIAD, MarcEdit).
• Experience supporting web based content management systems. Also experience or familiarity with Canvas or other Learning Management programs.
• Familiarity with digital repository programs (ContentDM, Digital Commons, etc.).
• Familiarity with library technology standards and protocols such as RDA. FRBR, OAI/PHM.
• Familiarity with EZProxy and Single Sign-on systems.
• Working knowledge of library “Maker's Spaces” and 3d printers and related equipment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach cover letter, current CV and list of professional references to the online application.
This position is subject to the successful completion of an employment background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, reference checks, license verification (if applicable) and credit history check (if applicable).
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
New employees are paid only by direct deposit to the financial institution of their choice. Candidates claiming Veterans Preference must attach a copy of their DD-214 as a part of the online application process.
UNC Pembroke is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The University prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibits discrimination against all individuals based on their age, race, color, genetic information, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. UNC Pembroke is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans for our openings.