Associate Director of Clinical Education
Founded in 1869, Chatham University is a fully coed institution with an enrollment of over 2,200 students and over 60 undergraduate and graduate programs in our areas of excellence: sustainability; health & lab sciences; business & communication; and the arts & humanities. Chatham is the alma mater of environmental icon Rachel Carson (Class of '29), and is recognized as a leader in the field of sustainability, having been selected as one of the Top 50 Green Colleges by The Princeton Review; ranked in the top five nationally for sustainability achievements in the Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System™ (STARS); and mentioned in a 2012 Forbes article as one of the places "contributing to Pittsburgh's transformation into a destination for green living."
Building on these accomplishments, Chatham opened in 2014 the world's first fully sustainable campus in higher education, Eden Hall Campus. Consistently ranked as a best college by U.S. News & World Report in the Regional Universities North category, Chatham consists of the School of Health Sciences; the Falk School of Sustainability & Environment; the School of Arts, Science and Business; and the School for Continuing & Professional Studies.
To help support the work of the University we have an immediate opening for an Associate Director of Clinical Education and Professor of Practice.
The Associate Director of Clinical Education, under the supervision of the Program Director (PD), is responsible for the supervision of personnel and coordination of all clinical activities associated with the Physician Assistant Program. In addition, this position provides some instruction in the program. This position will be a faculty role with the title of Assistant or Associate Professor of Practice and is responsible for all duties outlined in the Faculty Manual.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides classroom instruction as directed by the PD.
- Assist in the development, evaluation, review, and revision of the clinical preparation curricula.
- Participate in the recommendation and procurement of education materials.
- Assist with the evaluation and selection of suitable resources for coursework and independent study in cooperation with college library personnel.
- Initiate contacts with and cultivate new clinical training sites.
- Supervise clinical site activities, including student scheduling, site coordination, site evaluation, and site development, in cooperation with the Medical Director (MD), and PD.
- Delegated to supervise all personnel of the clinical coordinating team (clinical coordinator program assistant, clinical coordinator, part-time secretaries, independent contractors).
- Participates in accreditation review, assessment and implementation of changes on an ongoing basis.
- Actively pursue continuing education activities as required for maintaining professional qualifications.
- Maintains professional certifications and/or licenses required by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants and the Pennsylvania’s State Board of Medicine.
- Participate in university and professional committees as outlined in the Faculty Manual.
Duties (as directed by the PD)
- Represent the program at national, state, local, and college meetings and other activities as directed by the PD.
- Participate in the interview and selection process for FT/PT faculty and preceptors.
- Participate in the student application and selection process.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the program director.
Master’s Degree required. 3-5 years’ experience required in Physician Assistant clinical education, clinical administration, or clinical experience. If a PA, Current certification from NCCPA.
Chatham University offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, including tuition remission for qualified personnel, and a generous retirement plan.
Interested candidates should visit www.chatham.edu/careers and follow the instructions to complete the application process. To ensure full consideration, please submit a cover letter addressing the qualifications of the position, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer