Requisition InformationPosition Information Posted with Limited Access No Limited Access Period Ending Date Title Senior Analyst Posting Number S01169 Full-Time/Part-Time Full-time Typical Hours Per Week 38.75 Regular, Temporary or Term Regular If temporary or term, enter anticipated end date Benefits Eligible? Yes Hourly/Salaried Salaried Band/Level SP3 Hiring Minimum Commensurate with experience Department Assessment & Institutional Research Location Middlebury, VT Campus Hire contingent upon successful completion of the following post-offer screening Criminal Background Check Position Summary Position Summary
The Senior Analyst is responsible for collecting, analyzing, and preparing a wide range of data related to Middlebury. The Senior Analyst is responsible for current and historic information about Middlebury. The Senior Analyst will be part of a highly collaborative team who are responsible for the production of institutional reports, responding to data/report requests and data visualizations/summaries.Responsibilities Essential Functions
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
- Compiles data from a variety of different sources; verifies, processes and disseminates information in a timely manner.
- Coordinates all aspect of external reports (e.g., Fact Book, IPEDS, CDS) in a manner that is accurate and ensures that the reports are produced on time and in a clear and consistent format, in preparation for final review with/by the director of AIR.
- Ensures institutional compliance with federal reporting regulations by coordinating and making timely submissions of data to IPEDS.
- Develops and maintains comparative information about Middlebury and its peers.
- Partners with the Director around data analysis needs, ensuring an understanding of the data and analysis requirements and to explore innovative reporting tools to convey information.
- Conducts quantitative analysis of data from all Middlebury’s programs and creates clear, concise, and accurate reports based on those data to be used by Middlebury’s administrators to make strategic decisions.
- Updates and maintains publicly available and password protected summaries and graphics of institutional data for all Middlebury programs.
- Collaborate with partners to create surveys to collect critical information for the programs and institution.
- Conducts survey research to gather information needed to support decision-making.
- Provides support to the director of AIR on assessment projects.
- Responds to internal and external as hoc requests for data.
- Assists with the development of enhances institutional data storage.
- May be required to perform duties outside of normal working hours, as needed.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent quantitative reasoning skills/ abilities.
- Experience with formulating hypotheses, gathering useable data, and conducting analyses required.
- Strong attention to detail crucial.
- Ability to coordinate collection of data from multiple sources in order to meet firm deadlines is required.
- Ability to convey complex quantitative/statistical concepts to non-technical audiences required.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including strong relationship skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, and responsive to changing goals, priorities, and needs.
- Ability to build alliances within and outside the institution, and to maintain the highest standards of ethics, integrity, and dependability.
- Excellent analytical and conceptual problem solving skills, including familiarity and comfort with statistics and analytical reports.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Qualtircs required; knowledge of SPSS or R programming strongly desired.
- Understanding of database and reporting technologies, including visualization tools such as Tableau.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team and work collaboratively as a member of a community.
- Ability to use good judgement, maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Adhere to institutional and external compliance standards.
- Eight years demonstrated proficiency in applied research and data analysis, preferably in higher education or a related setting required.
- Experience with survey design, analysis, and reporting required.
- Experience working with large and complex data sets from heterogeneous sources required.
- Experience creating presentations of data that are easily understood.
No physical demands.Posting Information Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.Recommendations
Some postings require contact information for reference providers for confidential letters of recommendation.Recommendation Letter Requirements Supplemental Questions for Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Middlebury web site
- Email Job Alert
- Employee Referral
- Newspaper advertisement
- Cover Letter
- Resume/C V