College of the Sequoias Community College District is seeking qualified adjunct faculty to teach within its History Department.
Adjunct faculty assignments may include weekend and/or evening classes at the Visalia Campus, the Hanford Educational Center, or the Tulare College Center.
Adjunct faculty applications which meet the required minimum qualifications are kept on file for one year from the date the application is received.
Adjunct faculty positions are temporary positions and do not accrue rights to tenure.
College of the Sequoias Community College District serves a diverse community of learners and is a designated Hispanic Serving Institution. COS provides a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, career and technical programs for our students. We are dedicated to recruiting faculty who are committed to helping a diverse population of students achieve their educational goals. We seek candidates who exhibit an understanding and commitment to the community college mission, and who have a passion for student success.
Under the general direction of a dean or director, adjunct faculty will provide comprehensive classroom instruction to community college students.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
Master's in historyOR
Bachelor's in historyAND
Master's in political science, humanities, geography, area studies, women's studies, social science or ethnic studiesOR
The equivalent.Application Procedure
To be considered for this position, applicants must submit:
COLLEGE OF THE SEQUOIAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
- A completed online application;
- A cover letter which states your qualifications for the position;
- A resume;
- Include as an attachment, an equity/diversity statement which defines what equity-mindedness means to you and provide a brief narrative that describes how your personal experiences in and/or outside the classroom enable you to put equity into practice to serve the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ability, gender identities, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and the community at large.
- Unofficial transcripts (official transcripts will be required upon hire); and,
- If claiming equivalency, the completed equivalency documents (located at: http://www.cos.edu/About/HumanResources/Pages/Equivalency-Policy.aspx ) must be attached.
The College of the Sequoias Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. It is the District's policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunity and are not subject to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, gender, color, language, accent, citizenship status, ancestry national origin, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, parental status, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics.Disability Accommodations:
If you require accommodations in the Application or Examination Process, please notify Human Resources at least two days prior to the closing date, by calling (559) 730-3867 or by emailing email@example.com