CLOSED: Director of Integrated Marketing, School of Education
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Director of Integrated Marketing
POSITION CODE: 4273
DEPARTMENT: School of Education
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with Experience
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, full-time, 12 months (Some evening and weekend hours required)
POSITION AVAILABLE: Immediately
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSTING DATE: February 1, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
Description: The Director of Integrated Marketing for the School of Education at the University of Redlands is responsible for driving increased public awareness of the brand and ongoing work of the School of Education, with an eye toward the School’s educational mission and enrollment goals. The successful candidate will have experience in developing, executing, and assessing integrated communications and marketing programs at a university or similar setting, ideally for a school of education, and will possess sufficient technical skills to manage social media campaigns, Web page design/editing, etc. Reporting to the Dean of the School of Education, this individual will be integral to School marketing in support of enrollment and alumni outreach goals, and will coordinate with other offices responsible for contributing to the School’s success: Graduate & Professional Enrollment, Faculty, University Communications, Development, and Alumni Relations.
The duties of the Director of Integrated Marketing include (but are not limited to):
• Chair the School of Education Communications Committee.
• Oversee and collaborate in the execution and monitoring effectiveness of, an overall integrated marketing and communication plan designed to promote the vision, mission, enrollment goals, and achievements of the School of Education, in alignment with School and overall University strategic plans.
• Manage and maintain School of Education Web pages including campaign/social media programs associated with the School’s integrated marketing programs.
• Manage print collateral (brochures, flyers, etc.) creation and maintenance, working closely with Graduate & Professional Enrollment and University Communications.
• Research, identify stories, and draft content for dissemination through Web sites, social media and new media campaigns, and traditional media.
• Collaborate on School goals and strategies for obtaining external media placements and coordinate media interview scheduling with University Communications.
• Manage and develop recruitment collateral, working with Enrollment team and University Communications and/or external vendors. This includes writing, reviewing, and editing copy and creative content.
• Collaborate with and help coordinate efforts and information among the Dean’s office, Graduate & Professional Enrollment, University Communications, and our external digital marketing partners/vendors for student recruitment.
• Oversee digital integrated marketing campaign execution with Graduate & Professional Enrollment team.
• Contribute to and edit Dean and faculty communications used in Enrollment’s Customer Relationship Management system, including application decision letters, atmospheric emails, event pushes, etc.
• Influence special event programming and execution.
• Seize promotional opportunities and develop the strategic content to support them (e.g., for major conferences and their associated social media and Web presences).
• Own profile and “brand management” for the School, working with University Communications as needed.
• Work with all stakeholders to provide consistent and timely data, information, and updates on School marketing activity and results.
• Review effectiveness of strategic efforts on an ongoing basis with Dean and Enrollment leadership to determine needed changes.
• Traveling to regional campuses and attend University events outside business hours (8:00 AM to 5:00 PM) may be required.
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
Minimum Qualifications: Entry into the applicant pool requires a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Advertising or relevant field, plus minimum of five (5) years of experience in integrated marketing and communications. Will consider advanced relevant degree in lieu of two (2) of five (5) years’ experience. Experience in/knowledge of graphic design and/or Web design. Excellent written and verbal communication, project management, and organizational skills, attention to detail, and quality control/proofreading skills required. Knowledge of content/style editing and copywriting. Knowledge of social media trends, strategy, and applications and ability to manage online content. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Administrator application form at https://myredlandsapps.redlands.edu/HRAdministratorEmployment/.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909-748-8040 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER