Vocational Nursing Instructor (Part-Time) Madera Community College Center
Posting DetailsAnnouncement Information Posting NumberTitleVocational Nursing Instructor (Part-Time) Madera Community College CenterCampus LocationMadera Community College CenterStart DateEssential Functions of Position
The ideal candidate will share the Madera Community College Center’s commitment to educating its racially and socioeconomically diverse student population. We currently enroll over 5,000 students of which 66% are Latinx, 1% are Filipino, 6% are Asian, 3% are Black/African American, 19% are White, 1% American Indian/Alaska Native, and 3% are multiracial. MCCC is a Hispanic-Serving Institution, reflecting the great responsibility that the College has to the educational attainment and economic well-being of the surrounding community. The successful candidate will join a department dedicated to the use of curriculum responsive to the students it serves.
Providing instruction in the Vocational Nursing program in a variety of instructional settings and times, including evening and/or weekends, on-line or off-campus and large group instruction classes as needed, the instructor will be responsible for:
- Preparing for and instructing of theory classes and hospital clinical laboratory experiences;
- Ability to work well in a diversity of settings (pediatric, psychiatric, perinatal, and medical-surgical);
- Communicating effectively with students and staff, and maintaining effective working relationships;
- Developing/utilizing technologies used for classroom presentations;
- Advising students;
- Participating in appropriate professional meetings and workshops;
- Cooperating with regard to scheduling classes between colleagues in the same disciplines;
- Maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position and currency in teaching vocational nursing;
- Participating in program review, student learning outcome development and assessment to improve student learning;
- Participating in student recruiting activities; and
- Otherwise fulfilling all of the duties and responsibilities of instructors as required by Administrative Regulation 7122.
- State of California license as a registered nurse OR licensed vocational nurse; AND
- Any bachelor’s degree or higher and two years of directly related experience;
- Any associate degree and six years of directly related experience;
All candidates must have evidence of responsiveness to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, as these factors relate to the need for equity-minded practice within the classroom.
NOTE:A valid California Community College Credential is acceptable. Applicants who possess this credential must also meet the above requirements.Desirable Qualifications
- BSN/MSN preferred;
- A minimum of five years relevant clinical experience and two years of acute care experience in the clinical area of instruction;
- National certification in area of clinical expertise preferred;
- Experience in general nursing;
- Education and/or experience in providing quality instruction in theory and clinical settings;
- Strong background in acute medical-surgical nursing;
- Experience in providing instruction in medical-surgical nursing;
- Experience in or potential for matriculation in pediatric, perinatal, and psychiatric specialties;
- Experience in computer assisted instruction and other instructional technologies;
- Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and administration;
- Ability to develop collegial relationships with peers;
- Ability to maintain a close liaison and harmonious relationship and acceptance into area hospitals;
- Ability to develop new and current curriculum and focus on student learning outcomes to improve student learning;
- Recent experience working with African American, Latino, Native American, and other racially minoritized students in the classroom and an understanding of how historical patterns of exclusions of these groups in higher education shape patterns of participation and outcomes;
- Willingness to examine and remediate one’s instructional, relational, and classroom practices to more effectively engage and support racially minoritized students;
- Experience and skill with addressing issues of equity in the classroom;
- Potential for contribution to institutional vitality and growth; and
- Knowledge of the community college and its mission and goals.
Starting rates are $45.49 – $61.78 for lecture, $38.67 – $52.55 for lab, and $38.30 – $52.05 for non-instructional. Sick leave accrual is based on assignment hours.Selection Procedure
The selection and hiring process will be explained by the hiring department if the candidate is extended an opportunity to interview.
Please note: This position does not have a closing date and applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until the position(s) is/are filled. By applying for this position, you understand that you will be placed in a continuous pool. If at any time you are no longer interested in this position, please contact us at [email protected] so that we can remove you from the applicant pool.Additional Information
This is a part-time position. Open until filled. Start dates may vary.Additional Information about the Positionhttp://scccd.peopleadmin.com/postings/2179Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess degree(s) earned from an institution outside of the United States? NOTE: If yes, you will be required to upload an evaluation service assessment (foreign transcript evaluation). A list of some available assessment agencies can be found at www.ed.gov under the National Council on the Evaluation of Foreign Academic Credentials section. Please upload under Optional Evaluation Service Assessment. Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application.
- Transcripts (Unofficial copies accepted - must indicate conferred degree(s) that support the minimum qualifications)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- List of Professional References
- Evaluation Service Assessment
- Additional Documents
- Letters of Recommendation