Applied Technology/Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Instructor (Part-Time) Fresno City College
Posting DetailsAnnouncement Information Posting NumberTitleApplied Technology/Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Instructor (Part-Time) Fresno City CollegeCampus LocationFresno City CollegeStart DateEssential Functions of Position
The ideal candidate will share Fresno City College’s commitment to educating its racially and socioeconomically diverse student population. We currently enroll over 22,000 students of which 56% are Latinx, 10% are Asian/Pacific Islander, 5% are African American, 22% are White, and 6% are multiracial. FCC is a Hispanic-Serving Institution, reflecting the great responsibility that the College has to the educational attainment and economic well-being of the surrounding community. The successful candidate will join a department dedicated to the use of curriculum responsive to the students it serves.
Providing instruction in Industrial Maintenance Mechanic, on the Fresno City College campus and/or at off-site community campus locations, the instructor will be responsible for:
- Presenting instruction and providing experiences to prepare students with knowledge and skill for entry level employment as an industrial maintenance mechanic including, but not limited to the following areas:
- Electrical fundamentals;
- High voltage industrial electrical systems and motor control;
- Electrical schematic reading;
- Hydraulic/pneumatic fundamentals;
- Hydraulic/pneumatic components;
- Hydraulic/pneumatic schematic reading and troubleshooting;
- Machine shop fundamentals including lathes, mills, and drill press;
- Fundamentals of oxygen acetylene welding in the flat position;
- Fundamentals of arc welding in the flat position;
- General mechanical subjects including, hand tools, threads, and fasteners, oils and lubrication, pipes and fittings, belt drives, and bearing and seals.
- Electrical fundamentals;
- Duties may include assignments in a variety of instructional settings and times, including evening and/or weekends, online or off-campus, and large group instruction classes as needed; and
- Otherwise fulfilling the duties and responsibilities of instructors as required by Administrative Regulation 7122.
- A bachelor’s degree and two years of related professional experience;
- An associate degree and six years of related professional experience;
- A valid California Community College credential;
- The equivalent education and/or experience (requires an equivalency).
All candidates must have evidence of responsiveness to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, as these factors relate to the need of equity-minded practices within the classroom.Desirable Qualifications
- The extent of knowledge and recent experience applicable to teaching courses in industrial maintenance mechanic program including, but not limited to, subjects in electricity, hydraulics/pneumatics, oxyacetylene and stick arc welding, machining, including lathes, mills and drill presses and other mechanical subjects;
- Extent of work or professional experience related to industrial maintenance mechanic area;
- Extent of experience of working with students of various cultural backgrounds;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with students and staff;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively present technical material involved in the industrial maintenance mechanic program;
- Recent experience working with African American, Latinx, Native American, and other racially minoritized students in the classroom and an understanding of how historical patterns of exclusions of these groups in higher education shape patterns of participation and outcomes;
- Willingness to examine and re-mediate one’s instructional, relational, and classroom practices to more effectively engage and support racially minoritized students;
- Experience and skill with addressing issues of equity in the classroom;
- Potential for contribution to institutional vitality and growth; and
- Knowledge of the community college and its missions and goals.
Starting rates are $45.49 – $61.78 for lecture and $38.67 – $52.55 for lab Sick leave accrual is based on assignment hours.Selection Procedure
The selection and hiring process will be explained by the hiring department if the candidate is extended an opportunity to interview.Additional InformationAdditional Information about the PositionOpen Date12/08/2017Close DateClosing TimeOpen Until FilledYesQuick Linkhttp://scccd.peopleadmin.com/postings/1884Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * At the time of application, are your qualifications/degree(s) EXACTLY as stated in the Minimum Qualifications section of the job announcement? NOTE: If not, you must answer yes when asked if you would like to petition for equivalency (next question).
- * Would you like to petition for equivalency based on your education and/or experience including knowledge and skills gained from informal activities? NOTE: If your qualifications do not exactly match the minimum qualifications stated in the job announcement and you fail to petition for equivalency, your application will be considered incomplete.
- If yes, please describe your exceptional experiences, backgrounds or degrees which would be equivalent to the stated degree(s) or experience requirements.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you possess degree(s) earned from an institution outside of the United States? NOTE: If yes, you will be required to upload an evaluation service assessment (foreign transcript evaluation). A list of some available assessment agencies can be found at www.ed.gov under the National Council on the Evaluation of Foreign Academic Credentials section. Please upload under Optional Evaluation Service Assessment. Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application.
- Transcripts (Unofficial copies accepted - must indicate conferred degree(s) that support the minimum qualifications)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- List of Professional References
- Evaluation Service Assessment
- Additional Documents
- Letters of Recommendation